Leaving Fido what should I know?

SOLVED
VicThorOmg
I'm a Participant Level 3

-So I already got my number account so I can keep the same phone number with the new company.
-I need to unlock the phone, should I just do it in a normal phone store? Fido does it for way too expesive.
-got like 140$ fido dollars byt what I understood I can just waste them away on the cheap phones like Motorola without continuing Fidos service?
-Currently contract ended but I'm 3 days in, will I still be charged for one full month if I decide to quit tomorrow? I've been told that when I switch carriers I still need to have an active fido account

Accepted Solution

Re: Leaving Fido what should I know?

Solved by MVP MVP

@VicThorOmg if you are leaving Fido and do not want to waste your Fido dollars then yes its better to use it up and by a cheap phone keep it as a backup.

To unlock your phone I would suggest you do it through a third party service because carriers charge $50 for any phone.

Your Fido account only needs to be active so you can port out your number to the new company, once your number has been ported your Fido account will be cancled automatically.

You will only be billed for the days the account was still active.

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@VicThorOmg if you are leaving Fido and do not want to waste your Fido dollars then yes its better to use it up and by a cheap phone keep it as a backup.

To unlock your phone I would suggest you do it through a third party service because carriers charge $50 for any phone.

Your Fido account only needs to be active so you can port out your number to the new company, once your number has been ported your Fido account will be cancled automatically.

You will only be billed for the days the account was still active.

VicThorOmg
I'm a Participant Level 3

Cool, thanks for the advice.