Latest update of 5.1.1 on Galaxy S6

SOLVED
Harry6
I'm a Participant Level 2

Is there anyone who is still having the problem with latest 5.1.1 update on Galaxy S6?

Please share your reviews.

Thank you Smiley

Accepted Solution

Re: Latest update of 5.1.1 on Galaxy S6

Solved by Community Manager

UPDATE! A fix will be rolling out soon.

Click here for more information.

View solution in context
129 REPLIES 129
Elliot905
I'm a Participant Level 2

My phone still isn't working still the signal drops constantly or the LTE shuts off and I can't make calls because I get a pop up saying not registered to network. This is becoming quite tiresome I pay large money for a phone and ridiculous amounts of money for two contracts and am only using have of what I pay for where is this bug fix that will give me my phone back .2 months of this bs. NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER ANYMORE

Hey Elliot905, 

Thanks for reaching out Smiley I understand how this is frustrating , we definitely want to help out! 

I'll send you a PM shortly to look into this!

ravedave2
I'm Helpful Level 3

I flashed the XtreStoLite custom rom from XDA, so far i didn't have any dropped calls, voice is clear...there's no voLTE in the rom but i much rather have no missed calls...

Hey ravedave2.

Thank you for the update on this. Happy to see that it works better now on your end.

Johnny5isalive
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Any updates?
Johnny5isalive

At this time I am running on GSM/HSPA only..and as long as I'm not moving..I can keep connected to the network...haven't had many dropped calls since with this combination of actions.

Build number
LMY47X.G920W8VLU3BOJ7
Android version

Good morning Johnny5isalive!

Thanks for the info! I'll send you a PM in just a bit. 

My issues didn't get fixed, i went back to using my LG G4, call quality is a lot better ...
..waiting for a real fix for the galaxy s6

Johnny5isalive

to get around the phone issue, i have been using "WhatsApp" when im connected to my wifi at home...so at least i can talk to people...plus i get great reception too...LOL...but when my wifi is off....its back to the fido network issues.

one thing i did notice today while running speed tests...the download seemed to work, but as soon as it tried to do the upload tests i would get a connection error

olivercclark
I'm a Participant Level 3

My S6 edge shows "No Service, selected service (fido) unavailable" about once or twice a day, on and off. Is this related? And could someone look into this?

Hey olivercclark!

Doesn't seem related, the issue with the 5.1.1 was that even if you had full reception, your calls were directed to voicemail and messages were delayed. 

Your issue seems to be related to the device/reception, not the software. 

Have you noticed if the ''no service'' message appears always at the same place? Are you inside or outside when it happens?

olivercclark

Hi There, if there's anything we can all understand, it's the importance of calling our mothers on their birthday. Today is my mom's birthday, so naturally, I want to call her, tell her how much I love her, etc. etc. Except I'm having difficulties! I've tried 4 times this morning and each time, my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge failed to dail the call.

I've been having all the typical issues with texting and calling related to the Galaxy S6. To try to resolve them, I've been to fido stores, updated my software to 5.1.1, reset my network, changed my plan, changed my number, rebooted my phone, factory reset my phone, changed my Mobile network to GSM... HOWEVER IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!!

Guys, please help me. All I want to do is call my mom.

Johnny5isalive

i took my s6 phone into a samsung repair centre where the tested everything out and had it back to be in under 1 hour. they replaced the motherboard and it all seems to be working fine now.

they said this is common with the fido/rigers network with the latest build patch. i guess depending on what build number you happen to download with the latest update...this issue can occur. at the Samsung repair centre, they reformat your phone, and rebuild it with all of the non-buggy builds. They also benchtest all of the hardware.

i didnt have to have fido ship my phone away for 4-6 weeks, and deal with some outdated loaner phone...it was 1 hour of my day, and my phone is better then new...

Hey olivercclark!

Still waiting for answers to my latest post 😛 

ginns26
I'm a Participant Level 1

Im having same problem with s6 edge 5.1.1

Hey, have you had the chance to check out this page @ginns26?

Johnny5isalive

I completed a factory reset..rebuilt my phone over the past few hours..reinstalled all my updates and it seems to have corrected the issues I was having. That being said..I'll see how this is in a week or so!
olivercclark

I've been on GSM the whole time. It typically takes at least 30 seconds for a text to send or to deliver my calls. This is obviously better than when it's on LTE, and it doesn't work nearly as well.

Here's the thing: this is a HIGH END smartphone that's struggling to send texts. It's frustrating and it makes me want to get a different phone. Are you guys gonna just keep this up or what? I've had these issues since September 20th.

I'm going to the Samsung store tonight, because that's what the Fido rep told me to do, and I'll come back with updates i guess.

Johnny5isalive

@olivercclark wrote:

I've been on GSM the whole time. It typically takes at least 30 seconds for a text to send or to deliver my calls. This is obviously better than when it's on LTE, and it doesn't work nearly as well.

Here's the thing: this is a HIGH END smartphone that's struggling to send texts. It's frustrating and it makes me want to get a different phone. Are you guys gonna just keep this up or what? I've had these issues since September 20th.

I'm going to the Samsung store tonight, because that's what the Fido rep told me to do, and I'll come back with updates i guess.

what happened?

i have been told now it must be a hardware issue, and fido would be happy to lend me a phone while they send it back in for repairs. Im more angry at the service i am getting from Fido at this point. I have talked to a few reps, and because i reported my issues 17 days after i bought my phone inststead of 15 days..its samsungs issue to fix it now.

from a client experience perspective this is total **bleep**! i bought the phone from Fido, i locked into a contract with Fido, how is it that i need to get samsung to fix my phone because of 2 days! when Fido should be the one to swap it out for me.

Hey Johnny5isalive.

Are you still having issues with your calls/texts? What's your phone's OS version and build number?

Let us know!