Late payment charges

Late payment charges

Late payment charges

SOLVED
johnlykos
I'm a Participant Level 2

Late payment charges

Hello.  I’ll try to be brief and not run on.

For the past several months going back to May 2017 I have found that like many others I am being hit with late payment charges despite paying on time through my bank and today I received my latest bill and once again I’ve been charged a late fee.  Now, I’ve had this discussion on line with a few of Fido CSRs and each time I’ve been told that they understand my position BUT then go on to quote terms and conditions etc etc etc and that I should either pay 5 days before the due date or pay by credit card and so on ad nauseam… and funny enough, each time the CSRs comments are verbatim of the previous CSR.

However, here is the problem Fido.  I have gone back and compared the due dates on my recent Fido Invoices against the Payment History for my account from my Fido account page.  Guess what I found… each and every time I was charged a late fee Fido’s own payment history shows that I had paid on time, and at least one was paid a day early.

There is a problem here.  I need it resolved, I need to be credited and I don’t need to be quoted Terms and Services, I don’t need to be told that I should pay 5 business days earlier, I don’t need to be told to pay by Credit Card, Interac Online or Preauthorized payment.  Fidos own payment records show that I have paid on time so I need to be treated like the longtime customer that I am and who has up until now not had a single issue or grievance with Fido.

Thanks.

J.

Accepted Solution

Re: Late payment charges

Solved by Moderator

Hey there @johnlykos

Welcome to the community!

Your invoice's due date is always mentioned on your bill. Payments should be applied before that specific day. Keep in mind though that each method of payment has varying delays. For more info click here.

In other words, when a payment is posted after the due date, a 2% late fee will apply on your current balance, then a prorated 2% applies until your payment is received. The prorated late fee will be delayed by one cycle.

Say you have $100 as a balance on your first bill due for the 31st, and your payment is received on the 1st of the next month. The late fee will be 2% of $100 = $2, which will apply on the second invoice. Then the prorated late fee $2 / 30 days * 1 (you were late one day) = $0.06 will be charged on your third invoice.

That being said, we'd like to have a look at your billing and sort this out. You can reach out to us by Facebook, and Twitter or call us.

If you prefer, we can also send you a PM here. Hope to hear from your soon.

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoSaad

Hey there @johnlykos

Welcome to the community!

Your invoice's due date is always mentioned on your bill. Payments should be applied before that specific day. Keep in mind though that each method of payment has varying delays. For more info click here.

In other words, when a payment is posted after the due date, a 2% late fee will apply on your current balance, then a prorated 2% applies until your payment is received. The prorated late fee will be delayed by one cycle.

Say you have $100 as a balance on your first bill due for the 31st, and your payment is received on the 1st of the next month. The late fee will be 2% of $100 = $2, which will apply on the second invoice. Then the prorated late fee $2 / 30 days * 1 (you were late one day) = $0.06 will be charged on your third invoice.

That being said, we'd like to have a look at your billing and sort this out. You can reach out to us by Facebook, and Twitter or call us.

If you prefer, we can also send you a PM here. Hope to hear from your soon.

johnlykos
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hello.  While I appreciate the unessessary disertation on invoice due dates and how they work and how late fees are calculated, your reply does not address my issue as stated.

Here, let me repeat myself, "I have gone back and compared the due dates on my recent Fido Invoices against the Payment History for my account from my Fido account page.  Guess what I found… each and every time I was charged a late fee Fido’s own payment history shows that I had paid on time, and at least one was paid a day early."

My original point is very clear, I paid on time, FIDOs own Payment history confirms this and yet I was charged a late fee multiple times.  Is FIDO saying that their own Payment history Records are moot and do not actually apply?

J.

Hey @johnlykos

I would like to take a look at your account to confirm those late payment fees with you.

I'm sending you a PM now. Talk to you soon.