Lack of Loyalty Offers for long term consumers

Shs
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I have been a long time customer of Fido, 15 years plus, and I personally feel that there is no offers for me to continue as a customer.  I'm shopping my plan, and I need a new phone.  Canada, needs to look into the price fixing with different providers.

15 REPLIES 15
FidoKenny

Hey @Shs and thanks for reaching out !!

We're happy to have you with us and we certainly don't want you to think that we have no offers at all for you.

We do appreciate that you have been with us 15 years.

What phone are you looking to get exactly?

Shs

Considering IPHONE 6s or 7, maybe the plus 128gb or the Google Pixel or S7 edge, send me a PM on Twitter

We can definitely check your options on Twitter if you want.

You can simply reach out at @FidoSolutions on Twitter and we will send you a DM 

Hope to talk to you soon.

shabeen
I'm a Participant Level 3

I feel the same. I have been with Fido for 13+ years and newer customers seem to be getting much better plans. I have never been deliquent with my payments (always on pre-auth) but only getting 2gbs of data and always ahving to pay overage. I aways buy my own phones and it's sad the Fido does very little for retention. I will be switching to Telus or Wind soon

redzzzz

I agree !! I’ve been with Fido since 1997 ( by the second billing and BEFORE smartphones/data plans !!).  Acct is 20 yrs old and it has THREE phone lines (since day 1!).  Two of the three lines in this acct have ALWAYS done hardware upgrade and contract renewal ..... several times  I have done early upgrade (iPhones) !! 

Fast forward to 2017..... the 20 year subscriber ( or any existing subscriber ) pays MORE (plan) than a new customer does !!

fido is even worse than their parent company (Rogers) for customer loyalty/retention deals !! Fido high prices (with low features)  make Rogers plans look like a deal !! 

Unfortunately , there is no loyalty from Fido .... sad truth is .... the “new subscriber” is appreciated , while the loyal ones don’t.  

My twenty year relationship with Fido will not see another year ..... I’m actively watching offers elsewhere , I will be porting out from  Fido ( and paying ecf to do so) any day now !! 

Freedom mobile is looking the way to go people !!   Looks like soon enough the “big 3” will have a 4th !!! 

Fido can stay in their iconic “dog house” !!

Welcome to the community @redzzzz!

We'd really hate to lose you Sad 

Your loyalty is appreciated and I'd love to take a moment to look into your account and see what options we have for you Smiley

I'll send you a PM in just a bit!

Hey @shabeen Smiley Thanks for reaching out.

We certainly don't want to see you go.

We would be happy to go over your options with you.

I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into Smiley Talk to you soon !!

shabeen
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi,

I haven't gotten a response to this request.

Can we re-assess my plan. I noticed that 4gb ar eoffered now by fido for $65

Hey Shabeen!

Just sent you a PM Smiley

Shs

I recently Tweeted and there were many different options outlined. this is very confusing for the customer to make an informed decision, you guys dont like to make things easy!  I think all the phone companies in Canada are price fixing, they must be.  Consumers need to shop and compare and ask questions

Shs

I have not made a decison yet, shopping around.

There has got to be a better way to get a good deal.

I can not believe why I cant get a deal and Im asking for Fido to do better than what is advertised.

Contract is up soon, and it may be time to go!

EFTC
I'm Qualified Level 1

Why don't you post what you think it's a good deal instead of making blind statements and meaningless comments about switching?

I am reading this thread as some disgrunted customer is asking Fido for a discount or a phone deal that was no longer offered so he or she winds and complains like a little kid on the forumn in hopes to get attention.

Tell us what deal you are looking for so we can help.  We are unable to offer any assistance in your current state.

Hi there @Shs

Thanks for getting back to us!

If you don't mind me asking; what you're looking for exactly? Smiley

Is there any plan on Fido.ca that comes close to what you're looking for?

Feel free to check out our latest plans Here

We'd be happy to go over your options with you!

EFTC
I'm Qualified Level 1

Please refer to the thread below regarding my explaination on Fido plans:

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/NonTechnical/message-id/25501#M25501

With regards to price fixing, that's a wild assumption that is meaningless without any data to back it up.  

One thing I know for sure is that there are providers that set up prices for their goods and services and customers that are willing to pay X number of dollars to use that service or product.  You are free to choose the product and service provider and choices is made by commitment and not by the use of force. For example: If you want the latest and greatest iphone you will have to pay for it. If you refuse to pay for it, then you have to look at alternative options.

Proac
I'm Qualified Level 1

Considering we Canadians pay some of the highest cellphone rates in the world I'd say the "fix" is in. Cross the border to the US and see just how cheap cellphone rates cän be. The CRTC should allow foreign competition then see how fast rates drop. We are held captive by the big three and their spinoffs.