LTE not working on Nexus 5 and no support from Fido

SOLVED
defbeats
I'm a Participant Level 3

So I went out and bought an unlocked Nexus 5 a couple of weeks ago. Everything works great except my network switches from 3G to H but I don't get LTE or even H+.

Fido will not offer any support because I did not buy the phone from them, and the only thing I have tried is to verify the APN settings and re add them. 

Has anyone else come across this?

Accepted Solution

Re: LTE not working on Nexus 5 and no support from Fido

Solved by I'm Helpful Level 1

Do you have an LTE sim card? WIthout an LTE sim card, you wont be able to connect to the LTE network.

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
MunkroX
I'm Helpful Level 1

Do you have an LTE sim card? WIthout an LTE sim card, you wont be able to connect to the LTE network.

defbeats

I'm assuming that I do because I purchased it new from fido right when I got the phone

MunkroX
I'm Helpful Level 1

Also, Check the fido coverage maps to make sure you are in an LTE area. Not all areas are LTE yet

defbeats

I had a look at the sim card and it doesn't say LTE so that must be the issue.

Thanks for your help!

MunkroX
I'm Helpful Level 1

Hrmmmm, These are APN settings for fido. I would assume also that if you got the phone from fido it should be an LTE sim card. But if you wanted to check, pullit out and it will be writen on the gold side of the micro sim. If you dont se LTE writen on it then its not. If it is then maybe double check the APN settings?

APN Settings:

• APN: Fido-core-appl1.apn
  • If you have a LTE device, use the following setting: LTEMOBILE.APN

MMS (Picture & Video Messaging Settings):