LTE doesn't work

LTE doesn't work

LTE doesn't work

Sam12345
I'm a Contributor Level 1

LTE doesn't work

Hello. Got new phone, but max I get is EE for the internet. 

DOOGEE F5 with Android 5.1
Support 4G FDD-LTE 2600 Band 7.

Tried online support but other than checking if apn and such are correct, there is no answer.

May be someone knows what to look into?

***Edited to add labels***

5 REPLIES 5
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Sam12345,

I replied to your other post here.

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP

Did you setup the APN correct? Make sure your have the roaming enabled.

Edit: After looking into this phone specs and seeing as though it has only one compatible LTE band it means you have a 34% chance of it working on LTE since you are not getting a LTE signal it could mean you are not in a area with the supported frequency.

You can check here.

@KAPABLE-K wrote:

Edit: After looking into this phone specs and seeing as though it has only one compatible LTE band it means you have a 34% chance of it working on LTE since you are not getting a LTE signal it could mean you are not in a area with the supported frequency.

You can check here.

Hello Kapable-K,

Thanks for posting that website!

Just a note about the interpretation of that statistic. The 34% refers to one out of three compatible bands/frequencies (rounded up). The probability the phone working on LTE depends on the deployment of those bands/frequencies. A 34% probability assumes equal deployment -- 1/3 of towers with band 4; 1/3 of towers with band 7; 1/3 of towers with band 17. As I'm sure you are aware, the bands/frequencies were not deployed that way. 

Since the LTE bands/frequencies were not deployed equally, another way to assess likelihood of coverage is to get an idea of the bands/frequencies of the surrounding towers using cellular tower mapping sites like here.

Cheers

No problem that site should help alot of people check compatibility faster.

Sam12345
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Thanks, I carry on with the tread Cawtau linked me out. Just a small note here, almost all Rogers antennas (all around me) supply 2600.