LTE connectivity for OnePlus X

I'm a Participant Level 2 BrusiRoy
I'm a Participant Level 2

LTE connectivity for OnePlus X

Hello,

I was wondering if the new phone from OnePlus (the OnePlus X), was going to have connectivity issues with the Fido network. Here is the spec page : https://oneplus.net/x/specs

The informations for North America are :

GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz
WCDMA: Bands 1/2/4/5/8
FDD-LTE: Bands 1/2/4/5/7/8
CDMA EVDO: -

Not sure what this means...

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solution

Re: LTE connectivity for OnePlus X

@BrusiRoy wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if the new phone from OnePlus (the OnePlus X), was going to have connectivity issues with the Fido network. Here is the spec page : https://oneplus.net/x/specs

Thanks a lot!

Hello BrusiRoy,

Welcome to the forum!

According to those specifications, that phone would have all of the bands/frequencies for 2G and '3G'. With regards to LTE, that phone has two of the three compatible bands/frequencies (bands 4 and 7; 1700/2100 and 2600 MHz, respectively). The caveat when a phone does not have all of the compatible bands/frequencies is that coverage would depend on the bands/frequencies of the surrounding towers. That said, band 4 is the more widely used band so coverage would not likely be an issue. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here.

The phone would also have to be unlocked to have access to the networks.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP
Solution

@BrusiRoy wrote:

Hello,

Thanks a lot!

Hello BrusiRoy,

Welcome to the forum!

According to those specifications, that phone would have all of the bands/frequencies for 2G and '3G'. With regards to LTE, that phone has two of the three compatible bands/frequencies (bands 4 and 7; 1700/2100 and 2600 MHz, respectively). The caveat when a phone does not have all of the compatible bands/frequencies is that coverage would depend on the bands/frequencies of the surrounding towers. That said, band 4 is the more widely used band so coverage would not likely be an issue. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here.

The phone would also have to be unlocked to have access to the networks.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
I'm a Participant Level 2 BrusiRoy
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hello,

Thank you for the quick  answer!

Are the frequencies for th GSM the same as the one for the LTE? Because I see that the phone has band 4 and 7 LTE but not the right frequencies (1700/2100 and 2600 MHz)... is this an issue?

Thanks again!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@BrusiRoy wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for the quick  answer!

Are the frequencies for th GSM the same as the one for the LTE? Because I see that the phone has band 4 and 7 LTE but not the right frequencies (1700/2100 and 2600 MHz)... is this an issue?

Thanks again!

Hello again,

I know, it gets confusing when manufacturers arbitrarily and inconsistantly use bands and/or frequencies when listing specifications for the compatible networks.

Each band refers to a specific frequency range. So band 4 only refers to 1700/2100MHz while band 7 only refers to 2600MHz. Similarily, the GSM frequencies could have also been listed as bands: band 5 (850MHz) and band 2 (1900MHz). The link I supplied above shows the other compatible bands and their corresponding frequencies.

Unfortunately, there is no universal convention between manufacturers and mobile phone companies.

**edit** To actually answer your question, the bands/frequencies for GSM are not the same as those for LTE.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4