LTE Signal is not working (Iphone 5 unlocked)

Chris16
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hello,

I came to Canada with my Iphone 5 unlocked, I've been a fido costumer since I arrived (2 years ago) but I've never gotten LTE signal, just 3G. When I bought my SIMCARD the guy told me that I got LTE in 24 hours but it has been 2 years and nothing hahahaha/// I know, its my fault but now I will take care of it because last week I got a new plan (4Gb). I tried putting others SIMCARDS (ROgers and BELL) and it worked I got LTE on my phone. I called Fido Customer service and they said I have to go a store to check my SIM but I don't think it's about the SIM. I would like to get any information to resolve my problem. 

Thank you so much 

3 REPLIES 3
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@Chris16 wrote:

Hello,

I came to Canada with my Iphone 5 unlocked, I've been a fido costumer since I arrived (2 years ago) but I've never gotten LTE signal, just 3G. When I bought my SIMCARD the guy told me that I got LTE in 24 hours but it has been 2 years and nothing hahahaha/// I know, its my fault but now I will take care of it because last week I got a new plan (4Gb). I tried putting others SIMCARDS (ROgers and BELL) and it worked I got LTE on my phone. I called Fido Customer service and they said I have to go a store to check my SIM but I don't think it's about the SIM. I would like to get any information to resolve my problem. 

Thank you so much 

***Edited to add labels***

Hello Chris16,

Welcome to the community!

What version of the iPhone 5 do you have? Judging by the specifications listed here, not all of the versions have compatible bands/frequencies. However, since you were able to get LTE with a Rogers and Bell SIM your phone would have the compatible bands/frequencies.

Have you verified the phone is using the proper APN? Since the phone is LTE-capable, is should be using ltemobile.apn. You can verify the correct settings here.

I understand you don't believe it is a SIM issue, however, I would agree with customer service and suggest you verify your Fido SIM is LTE-capable. If you got your current SIM two years ago, it's possible it isn't LTE-ready. Furthermore, Fido shares Rogers' networks. They even use similar APNs -- only difference being the MMS settings. If you are able to get LTE with a Rogers SIM, then the settings on the phone for LTE should also be correct for Fido.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoPierre

Hey @Chris16

Have you tried resetting the Network settings to see if it changes anything? 

Here is how: 

- Settings

- General 

- Reset 

- Reset Network settings

Let us know if it works out! Smiley 

Chris16
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi FidoPierre

I already did but I didn't work Sad