LG Xenon- no service?!

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

LG Xenon- no service?!

Hi,

I upgraded to the LG Xenon GR500FD from a Razor. The sim card was transferred by the customer-service person and the LG phone was functional and fully charged. Yet, I keep getting the message that there's no service/connection. Why is that?! Is it because the sim card is not compatible? What is wrong?! Please help!

Accepted Solution

Re: LG Xenon- no service?!

Just went to the Fido shop. The salesperson said that my sim card is actually quite new and should be compatible with my new phone. She found it strange that there's no service. The problem was fixed when she reset/restart the phone. Thanks for all the help though =]

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

most likely your sim is too old.....but to be sure

test 1 : know anyone who just recently activated a new sim with fido....have them place their sim into your handset...if connection to network..then you know the answer

test 2 : go to a fido pos and have them place one of their demo line sim cards into your phone and perform same test

IF in the end it is your sim card and you have to swap sim, be sure to back up your contacts on your old sim ! 

Note : I've heard to SIM CARD reader / write that can transfer contacts from one sim card to another ( not sure if applicable to microSIM )

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

yes sim card devices can copy contacts, but any gsm telephone can copy them too, i use my old nokia to copy contacts from sim to phone then back to new sim.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Solution

Just went to the Fido shop. The salesperson said that my sim card is actually quite new and should be compatible with my new phone. She found it strange that there's no service. The problem was fixed when she reset/restart the phone. Thanks for all the help though =]

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4