LG G5 does not power on

LG G5 does not power on

LG G5 does not power on

zaboomafoo
I'm a Participant Level 3

LG G5 does not power on

My LG G5 does not respond at all after shutting id down earlier this evening.

When I last used it, battery went down to abou 10% and I turned G5 off so it does not drain it down to zero. However after plaging it into the charger later, it does not power on. It does not show that it is charging.

What I already tried:

- removed batter and put it back

- pluget into the original LG charger thast came with the phone

- power + volume down

- holding power for 30sec

None of the above worked.

What should I do now?

Regards,

Frank

4 REPLIES 4
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@zaboomafoo Try to boot the phone into recovery mode. This is to test if it can still power up its components even without loading Android’s user interface.

If the phone can successfully boot in recovery mode, try to reboot it first. If the same thing happens, then you really have to do the master reset to see if it makes a difference.

Here’s how you boot your LG G5 in recovery mode and do the master reset:

1. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys.
  2. When the LG logo displays, quickly let go of the Power key but hold it again while you continue holding the Volume Down key.
  3. When ‘Factory data reset’ appears, use the Volume Down button to highlight Yes.
  4. Press the Power key to confirm the reset.
  5. When prompted with ‘Erase all user data and restore default settings,’ use the Volume Down key to highlight Yes.
  6. Press the Power button to confirm your action.

zaboomafoo
I'm a Participant Level 3

Thanks for the suggestion but the phone simply dis not respond to anything. It did not charge (I tried different chargres, cables and also another battery). I tri3d every combination of keys inckuding that one you mentioned with no luck.
I left the phone for repair. They gave me this Sony phone as a loaner. I hope my phone gets back soon.
This is quite an annoyance since I use the phone dir work. Had to configure the loaner with all the software and will have to do it again my phone when if finally comes back.
I hope Fido gives me break on the bill since I was not able to use my service fully (well one can dream at least).

@zaboomafoo Sorry you coud'nt get the phone to power on again but at least Fido did their part by providing you with a loner phone while yours is being repaired so you will have no down time in making and receiving calls, I know it's a pain to have to reconfigure the phone again to fit your needs but you have to understand your phone stopped working is no fault of Fido its a defect of LG and with electronics these things as unfortunate as it is does happen. 

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @zaboomafoo!

I'm sad to see that you're having issues with your phone. Sad At this point, I think it would be best for you to bring it into a Fido store to have it checked out. If you've had your phone for less than a year, we'll be able to send it out for repair for you.

Let me know if you have any questions. Smiley