LG G5 battery drain with nougat update

justin_
I'm a Participant Level 3

I got the notification for Nougat update today and decided to install it. Right after the installation, I noticed a drain of 1% per 3-4 min of idle. This was never before so it must be something with the new software. I also noticed that the LG app update keeps scanning every 30 seconds, even after I have disabled all automatic software/app update. FIDO please help!!!

4 REPLIES 4
EFTC
I'm Qualified Level 1

I updated my phone to Nougat yesterday and did not notice any battery drain.

The language settings is a mess but I found a way to work around it.  It seems that LG thinks Simplified Chinese is used in HK when it should be traditional Chinese.

EFTC
I'm Qualified Level 1

Not sure if Fido can help you on this one.  Usually it will take a couple of days for the phone to reconfigure itself before everything goes back to normal The only thing you can do is to keep an eye on the battery and carry a charger with you.

BTW: how to you clear the cache? 

Go to Settings Now look for the option ‘Storage and USB’, tap on it to reach the Storage menu, tap on Cache Data. A dialog box will pop up on your screen asking you if you want to delete the data or not Click OK. Once you have confirmed that the data can be deleted, the process of wiping the cached data begins. This may take some time before it is completed. It depends on the amount of data stored on your device. Once the process is completed, reboot your device.

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@justin_ Clear your cache partation see if it improves, you might need to give it a couple of days.