LG G5 Cancellation??? Defective GPS Design?

SOLVED
bonami2
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Tried everything to cancel my contract i want to stay with fido and use my g5 But i dont want to pay the premium for a defective phone?

Is their anything i can do? I sent it for repair and after 2-3 month the gps is bugging again i lose it on the middle of the highways.. My gps is worthless on that 800$ phone.

Even got bad phone signal in my home in the middle of laval qc canada..  Losing signal where any samsung and or htc have no problem..

Fido and lg support Phone live chat or facebook cant do anything....

I dont want to pay 600$ for a defective phone to cancel the contract it make no sense...

Thank you if anyone can help me..

Accepted Solution

Re: LG G5 Cancellation??? Defective GPS Design?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi @bonami2 Smiley

We haven't received any reports of this being an issue with the LG G5.

That said, all warranty work and the decision to exchange the phone or not is handled by the manufacturer. As your service provider, we facilitate the repair process by sending the phone on your behalf and covering all shipping/handling cost.

If you don't want to send the phone for repair and would rather get a new phone altogether, you would have the option to buy a new phone at full price, or to pay the remaining balance on your current phone in order to be eligible for a renewal with an upgrade at a discounted price. Keep in mind that we have already financed the phone you currently have, and it's still under warranty.

If you'd like to take a closer look into your upgrade options, let me know and I'll send you a PM. You can also reach out to us through one of these channels.

Cheers!

View solution in context
20 REPLIES 20
Karbinkopy
I'm a Participant Level 2

The problem is LG doesnt even recognize that there is a problem. I have been having the same problem with my LG G5 that was previously on the Roger's network has been unlock and now I'm using it on Fido. I called LG Canada with the issue and was the same **bleep** that was initially posted as an answer to the OP, "LG is not aware of any issues involving the GPS of the LG G5". This is such a joke when all one has to do is google LG G5 gps problems and scores of entries come up. I was finally able to somewhat fix my gps by opening it up and then slipping a thick piece of paper under the card holding the pins, so it is raised higher and keeps the pins in contact witht he receiver. LG's total non response to the issue along with their decision to move away from removeable batteries that makes it likely that I will never buy an LG phone again   

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @bonami2 Smiley

We haven't received any reports of this being an issue with the LG G5.

That said, all warranty work and the decision to exchange the phone or not is handled by the manufacturer. As your service provider, we facilitate the repair process by sending the phone on your behalf and covering all shipping/handling cost.

If you don't want to send the phone for repair and would rather get a new phone altogether, you would have the option to buy a new phone at full price, or to pay the remaining balance on your current phone in order to be eligible for a renewal with an upgrade at a discounted price. Keep in mind that we have already financed the phone you currently have, and it's still under warranty.

If you'd like to take a closer look into your upgrade options, let me know and I'll send you a PM. You can also reach out to us through one of these channels.

Cheers!

bonami2

Over 100 response. And you tell me it not an issue?

Ton of thread everywhere.

bonami2

Resolved? what? At least 40 thread are open about gps issue?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention @bonami2 .

At this point the best solution would really be to send it for repair once more, I'd communicate with LG as well  to see what the next steps would be . 

bonami2

Well thank you for the advice.

LG require a lawyer to move or the Consumer protection thing.. They dont want to do anything except rma that **bleep** thing until i get bored.

They cant fix my issue without changing my phone for a newer or older model that doest have that Gps connector issue.

Thanks @bonami2 .

Did you already contact LG regarding this ? 

bonami2

Yes i did via email and phone. They only seem to want to rma.

All it seem they can do is after 3 return fido told me they may replace the phone with a new one. But a new one will probably have the same issue a years down the road..

@bonami2 wrote:

Yes i did via email and phone. They only seem to want to rma.

All it seem they can do is after 3 return fido told me they may replace the phone with a new one. But a new one will probably have the same issue a years down the road..

Hello Bonami2,

Welcome to the community!

I understand it might seem like the GPS issue with your LG G5 is widespread. However, I doubt the issue affects all of the LG G5s. Yes, there may be many threads and reponses regarding the issue, but it's likely that would only be a small proportion of the G5s in use. It's a form of selection bias -- the G5 customers without the same problem would not post so it only seems like a large proportion. If the GPS issue affected all of the G5s, LG would have to do a recall of all devices.

It's likely a new device will not have the same issue.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

bonami2

If we look at samsung s5 s6 s7 gps issue no post on forum except software issue.

G3 g4 g5 are reported to have gps issue with pin contact everywhere.

I would love to exchange it im just not really wanting to rma it again and again until it resolved. Lot of program i use and it long to install them again... and the 1-2 week wait time.. And the **bleep** phone replacement..

Is their anyways to get a new one now?

bonami2

Thank you for trying to help me at least Smiley

If i want to cancel it 600$ and it make no sense.. I can get a used s6 for 265$ shipped

bonami2

No more reply? Sad

Hey @bonami2

Sorry if we missed something Sad . Did you have a specific question? 

bonami2

I would love to exchange it im just not really wanting to rma it again and again until it resolved. Lot of program i use and it long to install them again... and the 1-2 week wait time.. And the **bleep** phone replacement..

Is their anyways to get a new one now?

Jim555
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi
Would just like to add I have the exact same issue with my G5. I sent it for warranty just before the 1 year was over and they put some used module in because there wasn't a scratch anywhere on my phone when I sent it in for warranty and when I got it back from warranty it has a dent in bottom module. Needless to say the GPS worked for about 2 weeks and went back to the same problem. If you wack the phone off the dash bottom side first the GPS will come back. I hate LG I have a whole another issue I could go on about with my wife's G4. But at least I got that fixed by paying LG $150. 00 a month old and fido refused warranty.
I bought a Hawaii nova plus while my **bleep** G5 wasn't in getting fixed and am very impressed. Great phone for the money. Signal strength is very good in this phone as my house has poor reception and my G5 misses mosts calls.
I am going to try and buy a new module off eBay for it and if that doesn't fix it am going back to the Huawei. LG software is decent but cheap hardware. My G5 was in an OtterBox before I left the store brand new.
Oh ya when you send you phone in for warranty it does not go to LG but some cell phone repair shop. Only after I complained to LG about my wife's G4 did they say bring it to us and pay flat rate repair $150.00
NEVER AGAIN will I buy an LG.

There's no other way to get that done immediately unfortunately Sad @bonami2

Hi @bonami2!

At this point, if you'd want to go with a completely different phone, you have the option of buying out the remainder of your contract and taking a new one with a new phone.

Let me know if you want to explore this option and I will send you a PM.

Thanks. 

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @bonami2

I can understand your frustration for phone issues like these. Good thing all our phones comes with a 1 year manufacturer warranty. I understand that you already sent the phone in for repairs once, but it will be best that we send the device again so they can verify the issue with you.

If you no longer want your phone and want a different model, you can take advantage of our Fido TradeIn program where you can get a credit for your phone while upgrade. You can view our participating stores by clicking here.  Hope this helps! Smiley

bonami2

The issue is they cant repair it. Any hard hit and vibration will cause the issue to come back.

Ton of forum and thread everywhere about g5 issue with gps and bluetooth wifi module.

Their should be a recall for that issue. But no one as time and money to lose with a lawyer.

Why do fido cant end my contract?

Upgrade plan could be interesting but im sure it gonna cost me money.

I love my g5 except those issue..