LG G4 suddenly not working

Fedup1
I'm a Participant Level 3

I got the LG G4 back in the spring as one of the promo deals when my contract expired. It worked fine up until today; it suddenly started rebooting over and over, I was unable to use it at all. I managed to get into the settings long enough to do a factory reset and all seemed fine for about 20 minutes. Now it is totally dead and the battery was at full power. So now not only have I lost all my contacts, photos that were on the phone etc I now no longer have a phone. Has anyone else been having similar issues? Fido claims that none of their customers have reported any problems with their phones.

11 REPLIES 11
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@Fedup1 The LG G4 is known to have a bootloop problem and LG did acknowledge this issue and they will fix it so just send the phone in for repairs either through Fido or you can contact LG directly.

As for your contacts it should be sync to your gmail email and if you had google photos installed your pictures should be synced to your email account as well.

Fedup1

I tried to sync my phone before resetting but it was rebooting so fast I don't think it was able to. All of my photos are gone, my contacts are reinstalled through google but that's it. I removed the battery and restarted it in safe mode to delete most apps since the phone now seems to reboot when the phone gets too hot; which is taking less than a minute right now. It doesnt seem like it's the battery though, its just above the battery that is overheating, have there been any reported issues with the processors on these phones? 

FidoPierre

Hey @Fedup1

I can totally understand how this would be a frustrating situation. If you've had your phone for less than a year and it is having some technical issues you should be covered by the manufacturer warranty. 

Did you get a chance to bring it into a Fido store? 

Fedup1

I have only had the phone since mid-March, I'm not impressed that's for sure. I still have my old phone would Fido be able to re-activate it while my phone is out for repairs?

@Fedup1 You just need to put the SIM card in the old phone and it will work you do not need to activate a phone.

Fedup1

That won't work my old phone was an iPhone

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @Fedup1!

If your SIM card doesn't fit in your iPhone, a new one would be needed. You can get one at a Fido store and have your number activated on it.

Let me know if you have any questions. Smiley

Fedup1

Its not that my sim card won't fit into my iphone, the phone that died is an LGG4 and what I said was I still have my iphone and wanted to know if they could just reactivate my iphone while my LG is out for repairs.

@Fedup1 wrote:

Its not that my sim card won't fit into my iphone, the phone that died is an LGG4 and what I said was I still have my iphone and wanted to know if they could just reactivate my iphone while my LG is out for repairs.

@Fedup1 What we are saying is all you need to do is take the SIM card out of the G4 and put it in the iPhone and it will work. @FidoMaria was saying if the SIM from the G4 can not fit you just need to get a new sim and the iPhone will work until you get your G4 back from repairs.

Fedup1

I get that and I am telling you the two types of sim card are not compatible. The sim for an iphone is considerably smaller, I know because I already tried. The sim is still in the iphone when I switched phones it was never taken out.

What version of iPhone is it? 

Once a SIM is deactivated you can not reactivate it you will need to get a new one.