LG G4 not eligible for wifi calling?

oldgoat75
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi there,

Just last week I got an update on my G4, trumpeting the arrival of wifi calling.  When I try to activate it on my phone, I get told that it "looks like your (my) device isn't eligible for wi-fi calling".

Sorry, but what am I missing here?  Wasn't that the point of the update?

Any advice is welcomed.  Thanks!

33 REPLIES 33
AlteredCarbon
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I'm having the same problem with my G4. 

Yes, I bought it from Fido, it's running Android 6.0, patch 2016-07-01, and I followed all the instructions linked (multiple times)

Still keep getting the message "Looks like your device isn't eligible etc"

How do I fix it, please?

Hey AlteredCarbon!

That's odd! I'll send you a PM shortly to take a closer look at this with you. Smiley

Hi,
I have the same symptoms. I've make sure i have the latest android version and i have the same error (device not eligible for wifi calling). I was able before i need to send my phone for reparation (boot loop issue). I speak with support and they should call me back but if you have any idea meantime.
Thanks

Hey laurentmathurin!

I'll send you a PM shortly and we'll see if we can figure this out!

Whiz1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Same problem here

Hey@Emicrocall !

I'm going to be sending you a PM shortly so we can take a look at this Smiley

Hey@Whiz1 

I'll be sending you a PM as well so we can take a peek too!

User909
I'm a Participant Level 2

I have the same issue. Would you please help me resolve it?

Thanks

Hey @User909

Sending a PM your way right now! 

paulm50

I have a similar problem except ive managed to regiser for wifi calling , it takes about 10 minutes to enabale it in the calling menu , then it magicly disables itself again . I have no icon on my task bar showing im connected to wifi callin . My phone was a direct purchase from fido it has android ver6.0 and security patch 2016 - 07 -01

Hey @paulm50 and thanks for reaching out.

You had a chance to reboot your phone? 

And to remove the sim card and put it back in to see if you would get a different result?

paulm50

I called customer service last night night , The sent some reset codes to my phone , i rebooted it and wifif calling worked , it also fixed voicemail  although i still have an issue with not recieving voicemail notifications . Im on hold to customer services now to try to rectify that .

brianxkoo
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am having the same issue. Fido live chat didn't know what was wrong.

Got the LG G4 from hardware upgrade earlier this year but I am experiencing several drop calls in my area so I want to use WiFi calling now

Hey @brianxkoo!

I'll send you a PM so we can check this out together. Smiley 

Emicrocall

Same here. I did followed step even restarting i m on lastest updates. Nothing work keep getting saying not compatible... Please share the fix

Hey @Emicrocall

Can you confirm if your device was purchased directly from Fido or if you are you using an unlocked phone? 

Emicrocall

Yes bought from fido directly
FidoChristina
Former Moderator

Hey @oldgoat75!

Did you get your LG G4 with Fido? If it's unlocked, is it configured to work with our network?

oldgoat75

Hi there Christina,

The G4 was obtained directly from Fido, and is not unlocked.

Did you follow the instructions as listed right here @oldgoat75  ? 

oldgoat75

Hi there Ranya,

Thanks for replying!  I have tried the steps as described; when I click on the link to register for wifi calling I'm told my it looks like my device isn't eligible for wifi calling.

Most unusual....