LG G4 and Qi wireless charging.

SOLVED
drgrittani
I'm a Participant Level 1

Will the LG G4 from fido have Qi Wireless charging?  Or, can you buy the mods available on amazon.ca so it will be capable of Qi wireless charging?

Something like http://www.amazon.ca/Wireless-Charger-Charging-Receiver-Sticker/dp/B011BEHXJE/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UT...

Doug

Accepted Solution

Re: LG G4 and Qi wireless charging.

Solved by I'm Qualified Level 1

lg g4 doesn't have a build-in wireless charging

You can still use a wireless charger, but you will need a wireless charging compatible case for it and then it would work. I bought the quick circle case from lg and it works perfectly fine with wireless charging.

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
FidoKenny

Hello drgrittani.

We didn't receive any information on our end about this charger for the LG G4.

However, you can still purchase the charger online and you use it on your LG G4 if you want.

For any updates, I invite you to keep an eye on our accessories list here

Hope this helps Smiley

***Edited to correct typo***

Roskov
I'm Qualified Level 1

lg g4 doesn't have a build-in wireless charging

You can still use a wireless charger, but you will need a wireless charging compatible case for it and then it would work. I bought the quick circle case from lg and it works perfectly fine with wireless charging.

dgrittani
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi Roskov,

You mentioned in a post that you bought the quick circle case from lg and that it works great for Qi Wireless charging.  Can you confirm that you got your LG G4 from FIDO?  And can you point me to where you ordered your case?  I ask because I'm seeing some say that Qi charging isn't available with the LG G4's made for Canada.  That it is only PMA charging compatible.

http://www.androidcoliseum.com/2015/06/canadian-lg-g4-to-support-pma-wireless.html

I like everything else about the the LG G4 and if I can added Qi Wireless charging then I'm sold.

Doug

Hey @Roskov.

Can you give any help to @dgrittani about this ?

DAdams
I'm a Participant Level 1

I would like to find out also Qi or PMA. Thanks

Hey @DAdams and welcome to the Community Smiley

@Community: Anyone can help with that?