LG G4 Promo - Trade in credit

north49
I'm a Participant Level 2

So there's a promo on right now. LG G4 for $0 on a 2 year Plus15 plan. The promo also says:

Plus, get a minimum $100 credit when you trade in any phone at Fido stores.

Minimum $100 credit? Any phone? Regardless of phone or condition? I have a Nexus 5 with a broken screen. FidoTrade says it's worth $30 (which probably assumes it being decent condition). So would that qualify for the $100 credit or am I dreaming??

3 REPLIES 3
FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Hey @north49! Smiley

In the details it will explain: Subject to FidoTRADE Terms and Conditions, available at fido.ca/trade. Credit applied in store against concurrent purchase of accessories or another new phone (for new activations) or applied as a credit to your bill within 2 or 3 bill cycles (for existing customers).

Basically the FidoTrade will depend on the condition of the phone so I would suggest going to a Fidostore to check the value of the phone. They will also give you more details of the promotion. 

north49
I'm a Participant Level 2

"...Basically the FidoTrade will depend on the condition of the phone so I would suggest going to a Fidostore to check the value of the phone..."

That's why I'm asking. Pretty sure my broken Nexus 5 is worthless as a trade-in, but the promo says you get "minimum $100 credit when you trade in any phone". So can I take the promo at face value? Or does "any phone" have some alternate meaning that would exclude old beater phones like mine?

There's a * next to the tradein which basically explains it will depend on the FidoTrade term and conditions. It will be best to go in store to check however. Smiley