LG G4 April security update

SOLVED
jm6262
I'm a Contributor Level 2

So much for the whole monthly security update concept. Who is responsible for pushing these out, LG, Fido or both. Still on January update and it's April 2nd..

Accepted Solution

Re: LG G4 April security update

Solved by Former Moderator FidoTerry

Hey jm6262,

The software updates are first released by the phone manufacturer and we then test them to be sure everything works on our network. You can check our software schedule here if you have any questions. Hope this helps. Smiley

View solution in context
17 REPLIES 17
crsmejia
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I have an LG G5 and its already August going into September with the 2016-05-01 security patch. The July one has some serious vulnerabilities specific to LG devices. I don't care much for OS upgraded but security is a concern. If Fido wants to offer Android phones then perhaps you should support them better with these updates.
Florinso
I'm a Participant Level 3

I got my lg g4 a month ago. It got update to marshmellow just same day. So i do not know how was before. What i can say that randomely looses the ringtone settings for contacts, or for alarms. More over stopped to show notifications for most of the apps. Called lg they checked all my settings. All looked ok in settins so they told to do a factory reset. I did but same randomely but not so frequently the problem still there. I think it is a software issue for android. So it has been  happened with S4. That was why i changed my phone but seems no luck. 

@Florinso

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

Those small glitches are usually fixed by upcoming updates. If it doesn't happen all the time, did you notice if a certain app is open when it happens? 

Do you activate the do not disturb mode by mistake maybe?

Next time it happens, reboot your phone and see if that fixes the issue. 

Florinso
I'm a Participant Level 3

As i told it hapens randomely. And same issue with S4. Do not disturb is on schedule overnight. I have no issues on my tab a 9.7 tablet with 5.0.2

@Community anyone else have been experiencing this issue?

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Hey jm6262,

The software updates are first released by the phone manufacturer and we then test them to be sure everything works on our network. You can check our software schedule here if you have any questions. Hope this helps. Smiley

jm6262

How is this issue solved? I'm still on January security update and it's May..
FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @jim6262

We'll update the software schedule as soon as we get more information on the release.  

biff9999
I'm a Participant Level 2

When is a Security Update for LG G4 going to be made available?

Hey @biff9999 ,

Keep an eye on the OS schedule to find out Smiley

biff9999

No More Excuses

No more checking the Update page

It's been a year since any security update for the G4

This phone is not secure and no one can confirm when a security update will be made available.

Fido needs to upgrade my phone to a phone that has regular security updates and I'm not paying an upgrade fee for the new phone.

I have a contract with FIDO and FIDO/Phone Company are not providing a secure phone (G4) - hence violating this contract.

Who is the contact person to make this happen ASAP.

Hey @bliff9999,

Thanks for your feedback!

I definitely get where you're coming from and all your concerns!

The information included in the software schedule is what's available at the moment.

However, I assure you that we're working on this and we'll get back to you as soon as we have more news Smiley

biff9999

No!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Not Waiting anymore

Provide me with a NEW SECURE PHONE ASAP

@biff9999 We're looking into it. Please avoid writing the same message several times for the same issue. We will get back to you once we have an update.

jm6262

Maybe they should change it to yearly security updates?
jm6262

Still waiting on the MONTHLY security update for the LG G4. It's still on January and we're in June. I noticed today the G5 is on the May update. What's the story Fido? Maybe it should be changed to yearly update?
FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @jim6262

We're still waiting on certain confirmations to get this update. We'll keep everyone in the loop the moment it becomes available. Smiley