LG G3 Multi User Function

Neverforget98
I'm a Participant Level 2

So I used to have a Nexus 5 with Fido and upgraded to my G3, but for some reason my G3 has no Multi User Function like my Nexus had? Both are LG brand obviously and both have or had Android Lollipop. I'm quite tech savvy and I just can't figure this out. Help!

4 REPLIES 4
zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

You didn't mention why you want to use the multi-user feature, so my reply might not apply.

But if the deal is to let your kids play a game without messing with the rest of your phone, I suggest you take a look at the pinning feature described in this YouTube video (3 minutes). Despite the video's title, I think it is available to all Lolipop+ devices.

Neverforget98
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi there, thanks for your replies. 

Guest access is not what I am referring to. On my Nexus 5 and other android devices you can create multiple user accounts, own apps, own downloads, own PIN, etc. on the same device. I cannot find this on my G3. I use this so I can run multiple game accounts (e.g. Clash of Clans). 

Thanks. 

Cawtau
Senior MVP

@Neverforget98 wrote:

So I used to have a Nexus 5 with Fido and upgraded to my G3, but for some reason my G3 has no Multi User Function like my Nexus had? Both are LG brand obviously and both have or had Android Lollipop. I'm quite tech savvy and I just can't figure this out. Help!

** Edited to add labels **

Hello Neverforget98,

Welcome to the forums!

I think they might removed some of the multi-user functioning. Some reports suggest it was replaced by Users (see here). Other reports suggest the ability to set details for a restricted profile was removed with Lollipop (see here).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey Neverforget98.

You should be able to find this feature under Setting > Guest Mode. 

Hope this helps!