LG G3 D852 question

LG G3 D852 question

LG G3 D852 question

SOLVED
edge05
I'm a Contributor Level 2

LG G3 D852 question

Hi there, im using a LG G3 (D852 model) on Fido. When I go into network settings it says im connected to FIDO LTE:13 .   Does fido even have a band 13?  It does say im connected to LTE in the signal screen... 

Accepted Solution

Re: LG G3 D852 question

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

@edge05 wrote:

Hi there, im using a LG G3 (D852 model) on Fido. When I go into network settings it says im connected to FIDO LTE:13 .   Does fido even have a band 13?  It does say im connected to LTE in the signal screen... 

Hello Edge05,

The LTE:13 is android code for being connected to the LTE network. It has nothing to do with bands or frequencies. You can check the code here (lines 1350 to 1386). 

I'm pretty sure Fido/Rogers does not use band 13. The frequencies of band 13 are in the upper 700 MHz spectrum. Rogers purchased blocks A, B, or C of the lower 700 MHz spectrum (bands 12 and 17) (see here). 

If you're interested in determining which band/frequency your phone is connected to, you might consider downloading an app like LTE Discovery.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@edge05 wrote:

Hello Edge05,

The LTE:13 is android code for being connected to the LTE network. It has nothing to do with bands or frequencies. You can check the code here (lines 1350 to 1386). 

I'm pretty sure Fido/Rogers does not use band 13. The frequencies of band 13 are in the upper 700 MHz spectrum. Rogers purchased blocks A, B, or C of the lower 700 MHz spectrum (bands 12 and 17) (see here). 

If you're interested in determining which band/frequency your phone is connected to, you might consider downloading an app like LTE Discovery.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers