LG G Stylo data won't turn off

SOLVED
lma
I'm a Participant Level 2

I recently got the LG G Stylo from Fido.   I have a couple of complaints about it (and kind of regret getting it), but the one that bothers me most is, I can't turn the data off.  Despite it being 'off' in the settings (both the drop down menu bar settings and the proper Settings menu), the data icon is active in the status bar and I can connect to the internet, e.g. load web pages.  The data stays on regardless of whether I'm on LTE or 4G.

Has anyone had the same problem?

I've had the phone for more than 30 days now, but I only started using it last week (the screen and volume button stickers are still on), so I'm not sure that I can return it.

Accepted Solution

Re: LG G Stylo data won't turn off

Solved by Former Moderator FidoTerry

Hey @ima! All our phones comes with a 15 days satisfaction warranty. As long you don't go over 30 minutes of talk time during those 15 days, you can return the mint condition phone for a different model or get a full refund.

Since you're now over 30 days, the satisfaction warranty won't be applicable. You do have a 1 year manufacturer warranty with LG however. I would suggest giving a call to LG and check if they have a workaround. If you need to have the phone send it for repairs, we can do that as well at a Fido store. Hope this helps! Smiley

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Hey @ima! All our phones comes with a 15 days satisfaction warranty. As long you don't go over 30 minutes of talk time during those 15 days, you can return the mint condition phone for a different model or get a full refund.

Since you're now over 30 days, the satisfaction warranty won't be applicable. You do have a 1 year manufacturer warranty with LG however. I would suggest giving a call to LG and check if they have a workaround. If you need to have the phone send it for repairs, we can do that as well at a Fido store. Hope this helps! Smiley

lma

Thanks Terry.  I called LG and they told me to first try Safe Mode to see if it was a third-part app, but the problem persisted so they told me to do a factory reset.  Works perfectly now after the factory reset.

Hey @ima Smiley

Happy to see that it all worked out.

I will make sure to let @FidoTerry know.

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to reach out !!