LG G Pad III 8.0

LG G Pad III 8.0

LG G Pad III 8.0

SOLVED
diav
I'm a Participant Level 3

LG G Pad III 8.0

Hi there,
I spoke with a Live Chat CSR agent yesterday to order the new LG G Pad III 8.0 outright (no-term) and had asked the CSR to price match the Fido price ($240) with the Rogers price ($190).  The CSR said it wasn't possible to do so and I proceeded with the order anyway (and got the $25 admin fee waived as well).
However, I'm now reading on the forum that it was possible to do the price match since other users managed to get the tablet at $190 instead of $240, so I was wondering what my options are now that the tablet is being mailed to me.  Should I call in and talk to a CSR again?  I'm a little bit frustrated because the responses from the CSR were different than what other Fido customers were getting when it came to price matching.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: LG G Pad III 8.0

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi @diav!

While we sometimes have promos where we can match pricing of other providers, it's not something that's available on a regular basis. I also went through the other threads about the LG G Pad III 8.0, and no price matches were offered. Those who did mention paying a lower price had used their FidoDOLLARS.

I hope this clarifies; let me know if you have any other questions. Smiley

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @diav!

While we sometimes have promos where we can match pricing of other providers, it's not something that's available on a regular basis. I also went through the other threads about the LG G Pad III 8.0, and no price matches were offered. Those who did mention paying a lower price had used their FidoDOLLARS.

I hope this clarifies; let me know if you have any other questions. Smiley

diav
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi @FidoMaria,

Perhaps I should clarify: I also used my Fido Dollars (~$92 FidoDollars) for the tablet so I had bought it at a discounted price.  However, I noticed on RedFlagDeals that other Fido customers were posting about the tablet being price matched with Rogers' price... so I was wondering what the policy on price matching was because it seems to be variable.

Examples of users indicating they were successfully able to purchase the tablet at a reduced price of $190: