Keep old plan

I'm a Participant Level 3 Paddle1
I'm a Participant Level 3

Keep old plan

Can you still keep your old smart or max plans when upgrading or do you need a new "pulse" plan? (To get a subsidy).

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Keep old plan

Hi Paddle1! 

You sure can Smiley But if you'd like to get free Spotify Premium and DAILY VICE, you would need to switch to a Pulse plan. 

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 9
Former Moderator FidoSamantha
Former Moderator
Solution

Hi Paddle1! 

You sure can Smiley But if you'd like to get free Spotify Premium and DAILY VICE, you would need to switch to a Pulse plan. 

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 9
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

But unfortunately, if my current plan no longer fits my need, my only option is to switch to a Pulse plan and add $5/month for voicemail, which makes it much more expensive than, say, Koodo. Spotify and Daily Vice have no value to me - I wouldn't even sign up if I was given a free account, but voicemail is something I want. Plus there's no FidoDollars on the Pulse plans.

My contract isn't due for quite a while yet, but if it was, I'd be having a hard time justifying staying with Fido...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 9
Former Moderator FidoSamantha
Former Moderator

Hi zyx! 

Feel free to send us a PM/DM via Facebook or Twitter when the time comes Smiley We'll be more than happy to review your upgrade/plan options! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 9
I'm a Contributor Level 2 ToloCDN
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I concur with ZYX. While I realize Rogers wants to get use of their exclusive deal with the vendor and has numbers to meet, not all of us have any use for addons at a premium. Having dealt with various first level and retention agents over the last week, there doesn't seem to be much incentive/savings from present BYOP plans from over a year ago! Voicemail and call forwarding should be basics offered in all occasions.  Add-on features should be swapable for added discounts or other features- in this case Spotify/Vice for Voicemail.  

Once companies finally realize that consumers have access to all competitor offers within seconds, thanks to the internet and Canadian trends for YEARS have been more data less voice (which by the way use the same data stream since voice has become all digital.....) then maybe said companies will realize MORE customers.  Things will be getting more interesting as deals WILL HAVE TO "heat up" as the June deadline for long term contracts (3 years on) comes up....

(Sorry for any spelling mistakes as it seems that there is no "ancient" feature for even spellcheck in comment boxes in here. If this feels like a rant - I appolgize too - just tired of companies treating customers as all being ignorant...especially since I've been in the cell/network/Tech biz for longer than most of your reps have been alive Wink )

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 9
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3

While I too concur with xyz and ToloCDN's comments, I'd like add another important factor when considering which carrier to choose, which is based on network reception. While it is very logical to say another company has voicemail included at its based price and therefore a better deal, Its not easy for individual customers to know if the other company has the cell towers and the set frequencies operating on the customer's frequent locations.

unless you know for sure, it might cost you more to switch to another company and then back to Fido/Rogers. Just something to take into account when switching to other carriers.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 9
I'm a Contributor Level 2 ToloCDN
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Absolutely Wufai! Luckily where I am and use my phone (mainly) I have coverage that is good to all major carriers and even WIND!  If you need to test out coverage there are are really detailed maps out there (if you know where to look) but at the very least find a friend/co-worker and buy them a coffee and proceed to take them to a couple of areas you expect to use your phone. Of course make sure your phone supports that carriers bands, but that is something you can find out by the manufacturer's site or even call that carrier.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 9
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

In my Area, Wind signal is not as great as it should be, especially inside my house. I found that Isometimes I can't even get a signal on 23 rd floor at my office. I like Fido for alot of reason. I do wish they have better offer for long time customer like alot of us. I denfinitely would not change my plan, it is not great, but it is better than their new plan.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
Former Moderator FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Thanks for the feedback howardsiu!

Contact us when you are ready for a renewal, we'll take the time to look at your options. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 9