It as been about 5months and a simple problem still hasn't bwent fixed

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1

It as been about 5months and a simple problem still hasn't bwent fixed

I have been with Fido since about 2008 when I got my first Phone so I could contact my parents when I was out late. Back in March when I decided to buy my first smart Phone and have my own independent plan I decided to go with Fido. Now I regret that choice.
Back in July I received an email about an apparent plan change I made, which I did not. The email said I had switched my $40 plan to a $50 plan with a huge amount of data add ons that amounts to about $90 a month! Do right away I called, the man on the Phone was nice and understood the situation. Apparently he said there was some issues in Fido and it was probably a computer error or human error. He said he would send in a case and have it fixed. That was the end of that and i thought I would have peace of mind, again I was wrong. Months went by and I payed my usual $40, because I go to university,work and was having some family issues during the next few months I did not realize that my plan had not been changed,so when I finally looked at my account the past due amount was huge! So I called in again. I explained to the woman on the Phone the situation, do she looked back at files to confirm my claim aboutcalling in months before. Once that was confirmed she told me what happened was the man sent the case to the wrong department.....I am a patient person, but seriously, if it was noted that was what happened wouldn't they have fixed it and send it to the right department? Anyways, she said she would fix it for me. So I waited on hold for awhile and when she came back she told me she wasn't able to change the plan until my Phone was reactivated. Turn see my Phone service had been cut off because of the amount that I DID NOT OWE, Fido was the one who broke my contract,I wasn't going to pay what wasn't mine. Besides that,I don't even have the funds to pay for it. So anyways,she said to call back when it was working again. I was in.tears at this point and extremely.frustrated. so I called the payment plan number and asked how much I would have to pay to have it reactivated,the amount was $168. That's just over 4 months worth of my original plan. I was out of a job for a month and just started a new one,lucky though I was getting paid that Friday so I agreed to it and she reactivated my Phone. That was half my paycheck,which means Ill have a linted amount for the holidays ,but at this point I was desperate. So after that I called back in, it was a different lady this time. I then again, explained to her what happened. Right away she went to go change the plan, however,the computer wouldn't let her because it isn't offered anymore. I was ready to punch someone at this point,I didn't get mad though because I know it isn't her fault, so at first she offered to change it to one of the plans offered but I insisted she have it changed, so I was on the Phone with her for about an hour while she filled out the case form. After that she told me it would take about a week for it to go though and to check on the Friday if the plan was changed, if not, to call in. It is now Saturday and it has not changed.I feel so frustrated ,this was a simple matter that should have been solved months ago, and I am being penalized for something I did not do. I'm not going to call in until after Christmas because I am way too busy for that and I have a surgery coming up. Unfortunately though by then they will have put out my next invoice, unlucky for Fido though they are not getting a single penny again until this is fixed. They have already stole.enough out of me, I couldn't even get my dad something he really wanted for Christmas,and he never usually asks for anything but this year he did, and I couldn't even do that because my next paycheck isn't until almost the new year. I don't know what's wrong with Fido, maybe because I'm only 19 they think I'm stupid enough to let remember cheat money out of me. On my old.plan pictures messaging was free and now I have a debt from it on the credit amount, If they expect me to pay that,that isn't happening, I shouldn't have been charged in the first place because my original plan did not charge picture messaging, and my addition was I had my original.plan back. I feel like Fido is like the government, trying to steal from university students when they are already poor as it is. If a customer breaks a contract they get charged, but if Fido does It's okay?. I feel like I have been to patient and nice, and that's why it hasn't been fixed. If it hasn't been fixed by the need year I am cutting off and changing companies. And if it is fixed Ill stay until the end of my contract and then Ill decide. I have enough problems as it is.

Accepted Solution

Re: It as been about 5months and a simple problem still hasn't bwent fixed

Hi EricaKBell,

I have forwarded your concerns to the appropriate department to treat your issue. If you contact customer service by phone, chat or email, they may confirm this to you. If you have any concerns later on, please use our new check-in service that will schedule a call back upon the time of your request.

Happy holidays to you and your family!

Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Solution

Hi EricaKBell,

I have forwarded your concerns to the appropriate department to treat your issue. If you contact customer service by phone, chat or email, they may confirm this to you. If you have any concerns later on, please use our new check-in service that will schedule a call back upon the time of your request.

Happy holidays to you and your family!

Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3

Thank you very much.

Happy holidays to you too: )
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3