Issues with Update to Android My account app

SOLVED
Nzoka1
I'm a Participant Level 3

The current android app update today ( 15th April 2015) adds access via Wifi which has finally happened after so long.

Wifi idea is good but now the app is not working for my group account. As a Fido group account member, the previous version just used my phone number and worked ( although not over wifi) now one needs phone number and password to log in (similar to the online Fido My account). Note that 'group accounts' do not need a phone number to log in to the 'my account' online but rather a 'group id' and password ( even there is no access to recent usage details).

Isn't any testing done when these apps are implemented ? FIX ASAP.
Because now group accounts do not have access to account info and add-on purchases via the app again.

Accepted Solution

Re: Issues with Update to Android My account app

Solved by Moderator

Hey guys, just a little update on this:

The Group Account login is being addressed by the concerned team. 

For killer23d, this is a little tricky, the app leverages the language settings on the phone. Creating an English/French toggle button would be something for the future, but I added to our wish list Smiley 

Thanks again for sharing Smiley

View solution in context
16 REPLIES 16
nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

Thank you Rachel, appreciate the update Smiley

How's it going with the app everybody?

Nzoka1

Still waiting for the Android app to be fixed to enable  access to usage for 'group account' devices.

Don't worry Nzoka1!

We didn't forget about the Group ID log in Smiley It's still in progress and should be released pretty soon! 

nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

I am running the latest version of My Account on my iPhone iOS 8.3. Since the most recently My Account app update it has been showing half of my app in French and half in English. Looks like there is a bug since my account info for the last 5 years been in English and this randomly started happening since the last app update. For example, under My Usage in the app, if I tap on Data it says:

Data | Voice | Messages

My Plan

Next Bill Date: Jun-14-15

Forfait fute 39 $

Anytime -/+

Hey nick67 Smiley

Thank you for flagging this. We are now looking into it.

Good morning everyone,

Awesome news! The Android My Account app now supports Group Account ID Smiley

I tested it out myself this morning and I find it works really well. 

Let us know what you think!

Enjoy

Nzoka1

Just tried it out and it works. Shows all devices on the account.

The data indicates 'Usage within the last 12hrs may not be reflected' . I thought the previous app used to state 4 hours? The 12 hours indication is quite long. The voice and messaging tabs still state 4 hours though.

Hey Nzoka1. 

The usage tracker in the My Account app is right. The delay for the data usage to be updated is up to 12 hours whereas voice and text is a delay of up to 4 hours. 

Hope this helps!

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi Nzoka1 & killer23d!

Thank you for letting us know of the issues you both are experiencing with the new app. They will be forwarded to the appropriate team!

Let us know if you notice anything else. Smiley

Cheers!

Hey guys, just a little update on this:

The Group Account login is being addressed by the concerned team. 

For killer23d, this is a little tricky, the app leverages the language settings on the phone. Creating an English/French toggle button would be something for the future, but I added to our wish list Smiley 

Thanks again for sharing Smiley

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

love the MyAccount Update. Before the update, the app would only run on the android smart phone, now the newly updated app runs on the android tablets too, something it never did before.

nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

When will the update be available on the iPhone/iOS?

Hey nick67, 

The app for iOS is now available in the App store.

FidoMatt
Former Moderator

@nick67 wrote:

When will the update be available on the iPhone/iOS?

Hi Nick, stay tuned for the iOS version, we are working on it. Smiley 

killer23d
I'm Helpful Level 1

Not meant to highjack your thread, but I think this is a good thread to collect all the new My Account app issues.

Another issue:

The app will default to French if the phone's language is NOT English. I hope Fido can fix this app to offer English and French selection on the login screen.