Is there an activation fee when upgrading?

SOLVED
10yearfido
I'm an Expert Level 2

Beyond the $25 hardware upgrade admin fee, is there still an activation fee?

Accepted Solution

Re: Is there an activation fee when upgrading?

Solved by Moderator

Hi all! 

I'll take a moment to update this thread since the previous information is outdated. 

There's a $30 transaction that is charged with all phone upgrades unless the upgrade is done online on our website. 

The same amount is charged when activating a new line (or an additional line on an existing account). 

Keep in mind that you can currently also activate a new account on Fido.ca and avoid the fee! Adding a line to an existing account cannot be done online though. 

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
FidoFaiza

Hi all! 

I'll take a moment to update this thread since the previous information is outdated. 

There's a $30 transaction that is charged with all phone upgrades unless the upgrade is done online on our website. 

The same amount is charged when activating a new line (or an additional line on an existing account). 

Keep in mind that you can currently also activate a new account on Fido.ca and avoid the fee! Adding a line to an existing account cannot be done online though. 

JasonB
I'm Experienced Level 1

No just the 25$ Hardware fee that is charge on your next bill.

I am a Fido employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Fido or its affiliates.

Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Fido mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Fido ou d’une société de son groupe.