Is s4 worth having for another 2 years?

SOLVED
sp0oks
I'm a Participant Level 1

My contract of a smart plan with an s4 just ended which is perfect cause my phone recently broke. I was thinking of getting an s6 but upon further research, $400 is bit too much for my budget ( My budget right now is $300). I don't really see a massive difference between the s4 and the s5 to pay the difference so Im thinking of getting another s4 which is $0 with the smart plan. Do you think that the phone is worth it have for another 2 years?

Another plan for me was to just get an s4 off the internet for around $150-$200 and use it till Boxing day to wait on deals. That way, I can cancel my plan without paying any extras.

Another plan was that I'm going to switch to WindMobile because the S6 only cost $99 and I only get to play around $40 a month.

I would appreciate your thoughts and advice. Thank you

Accepted Solution

Re: Is s4 worth having for another 2 years?

Solved by Moderator

Hello sp0oks and welcome to the community Smiley

It's really unfortunate to see that you're planning of going with a different company.

I would like to take a look at your account with you to make sure that we went over all your options.

I'm sending you a PM.

Talk to you soon Smiley

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
FidoKenny

Hello sp0oks and welcome to the community Smiley

It's really unfortunate to see that you're planning of going with a different company.

I would like to take a look at your account with you to make sure that we went over all your options.

I'm sending you a PM.

Talk to you soon Smiley

Proac
I'm Qualified Level 1

I guess this all depends on how you use your phone. If it's a vital part if your daily existence and you use it to surf the net and watch videos, listen to music etc etc. then a newer upgraded device might make sense. As you've stated this comes at a price. If all you need is occasional texting and phone calls I'd explore cheaper alternatives. You're S4 lasted 2 yrs so that's a pretty good track record. I'd hold off entering into any new contract as long as possible. It's amazing how the providers start calling you with better deals while you're contract free.

mike