Is prepaid worth it?

Is prepaid worth it?

Is prepaid worth it?

SOLVED
tn2
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Is prepaid worth it?

So i don't use my phone very much and decided to get a $10 pay by the minute prepaid and i thought that you actually pay for the minutes but apparently even if your call was for 2 seconds they charge you for the minute and I had no idea. So in my opinion it just sucks, but i wanna know if theres anything else that i need to know about thet prepaid that the fido didnt tell me. If i were to switch to a monthly plan would i have to buy a new sim?

Accepted Solution

Re: Is prepaid worth it?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi @tn2 & welcome to the Community!

All our plans are billed by the minute. That said, even if the call was less than 1 minute, it will be rounded up. Aside from the per minute fee, a $0.75 9-1-1 Emergency Access Fee is also billed monthly. Depending on your province, an additional 9-1-1 government fee may also be applicable. You can see all the details on this page.

In regards to switching to a monthly plan, there's no need to change your SIM card. Smiley

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @tn2 & welcome to the Community!

All our plans are billed by the minute. That said, even if the call was less than 1 minute, it will be rounded up. Aside from the per minute fee, a $0.75 9-1-1 Emergency Access Fee is also billed monthly. Depending on your province, an additional 9-1-1 government fee may also be applicable. You can see all the details on this page.

In regards to switching to a monthly plan, there's no need to change your SIM card. Smiley

Hope this helps!

tn2

Just a suggestion, maybe that should be stated on the brocure.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

@tn2 Thanks for your feedback! I'll forward it to the appropriate team. Smiley