Is it possible to change an existing smart plan into max plan to qualify for iPhone 6?

I'm a Contributor Level 2 ChaozUT
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Is it possible to change an existing smart plan into max plan to qualify for iPhone 6?

My current plan (about 27 months into 36 month contract), is $55 + $6 addon. That's $30 6GB data, $25 talk, and $6 caller ID addon. Since the addon doesn't count, my plan is $5 short of being qualified as a max plan. Is it possible to change the $25 talk portion of my existing plan to something else without losing the $30 6GB portion of the plan?

Also, just to clarify, if I were to change nothing, would I be able to keep my current plan after the 36 month contract on a month by month basis, or would I have to choose some other "new" offer that Fido has?

It seems like cellular data pricing has taken a step backwards over the past few years 😕

Accepted Solution

Re: Is it possible to change an existing smart plan into max plan to qualify for iPhone 6?

You can switch to the $35 standard PP and keep your 6 gb and qualify for MAX pricing

If you keep your plan as is and do not do an upgrade, the 6gb may go from $30-$35

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Fido Employee sheedy17
Fido Employee
Solution

Re: Is it possible to change an existing smart plan into max plan to qualify for iPhone 6?

You can switch to the $35 standard PP and keep your 6 gb and qualify for MAX pricing

If you keep your plan as is and do not do an upgrade, the 6gb may go from $30-$35

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2