Is Fido having problems with their phones? My phone won't make calls...

LisaLachapelle
I'm a Participant Level 2

I loaded a phone voucher on two days ago for the month, updated my online FIDO account and changed the number online - never received a confirmation email and after speaking to customer service yesterday I reset the phone since I changed the number, and now it won't work...not even to call * 611.  I keep getting "Unfotunately we cannot complete your number as dialed" phone recording...which I have never heard on FIDO before. Please email me if you have a solution for this, I really need my phone:***  Thank you.  (Also, why does customer service online not assist with pay-as-you-go voucher phone/plans?? Fido told me online to call *611 after I already told them it didn't work.) Usually is great customer service...

***Edited to remove personal info***

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @LisaLachapelle & welcome to the Community!

Did you load the voucher before or after changing your phone number online?

LisaLachapelle

It's free to change the number online and put the voucher on before I did. I just spoke to cusotmter service on the phone yesterdat. It was after I re-set the phone that it wouldn;t work - I cna't even get *611 on it.

I had to change the number because I was getting Facebook notifications by text for some person I don't even know. I don;t use my phone for facebook at all so thought it best to change the number

@LisaLachapelle It sounds like your plan/voucher didn't transfer over to the new number. I'll send you a PM so we can sort it out! Smiley

LisaLachapelle

I loaded the voucher on two days ago. I changed the number yesterday