Is Fido dollars going to expired soon?

SOLVED
vesta
I'm a Participant Level 2

I was told that ALL MY FIDO DOLLARS not gona be valid by this spring!!!

If this true, what I should do???

THIS IS NOT FAIR!!!

P.S. I was saving them to buy a new phone in this coming november.

Accepted Solution

Re: Is Fido dollars going to expired soon?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoManuel

You got it right! Since you have a line with an agreement you'll have until July 6, 2018 to use your FidoDOLLARS.

View solution in context
14 REPLIES 14
ZFeng
I'm a Participant Level 1

I think that it depends on when your current plan began. If it began before 2015 you should be able to redeem them until 2018, however soon you will not be able to accumulate more of them.
zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

No, the text is very clear: it depends on your situation on April 6, 2016. When you plan began is irrelevant:

"If, on April 6, 2016, you subscribe to a plan on a monthly basis only, you’ll no longer earn FidoDOLLARS as of that date. You’ll be able to redeem your accumulated FidoDOLLARS balance under the program until July 6, 2016.

If, on April 6, 2016, you subscribe to a plan on a term agreement that earns FidoDOLLARS, you’ll no longer earn FidoDOLLARS as of the end of your current term. You’ll be able to redeem your accumulated FidoDOLLARS balance under the program until July 6, 2018."

jackastor1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

They claim they are fazing out the fido dollars because we all wanted this spotify thing that they are pushing on us. Oddly enough I was never consulted about spotify and honestly I prefere The fido Dollars more so.

Bring back the Fido Dollars!

I totally get it jackastor1, some people prefer Fidodollars and other loves Spotify. Spotify is normally 9.99$ per month so to get it for free for 2 year it's a huge plus.

We appreciate your feedback about the Fidodollars program and we will forward it to the right parties. Smiley

Renolover
I'm Helpful Level 2

So Fido will no longer offer FidoDollars, the plans are no longer reasonably priced ( as they were in the past), the phones are often more expensive than Rogers' phones, so what is the advantage of Fido as compared to parent company Rogers?
zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

Do the math for both Fido and Rogers:

Phone price + 24 x monthly plan cost

Maybe it's different now, but every time I've done that, Fido ended up being a better deal than Rogers/Bell/Telus.

Renolover
I'm Helpful Level 2

Well, yes and no. Fido doesn't offer the "Roam like Home" plan like Rogers does. I have an old Fido plan which I love and I haven't updated for a long time so I'm happy to remain with Fido. I don't need lots of data (I have 600 MB) because I use Wifi all the time. There's Wifi almost everywhere I go. But for brand new customers, I don't know...

EE1

For prepaid Customers, I can't find anywhere on my account where I can redeem my Fido dollars? I looked everywhere! Did Fido took it down? I recall seeing it a week or two ago.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @EE1!

I can help you out with that! I'll send you a PM to get started. Smiley

For future reference, you can also reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter for any account related questions.

Cheers!

missCHIious
I'm a Participant Level 3

FYI only...

By reading all the previous posts it's not like FidoDollars will be leaving us anytime soon.  It's not this year 2016 the FidoDollars will expire, it's 2 YEARS from now: ** JULY 6TH, 2018!!  **  So we all have time to accumulate fidoDollars guys! Wink Heart

**Though I wish fidoDollars never ends.  Best thing that ever happened with Fido.**

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

2018 is only for those who are on a 2-year contract with a plan accumulating FidoDollars as of April 6 this year.

For everyone else (those who switched to a Pulse plan before April 6, or those without a 2-year contract - including everyone with a BYOD plan), our FidoDollars expire this year. That includes those who are accumulating FidoDollars but their 2-year contract ended and they didn't renew.

FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hey vesta!

Welcome to the Community!

No worries! If you have currently an agreement you'll have time to use your FidoDOLLARS Smiley 

Visit this page, you'll find all the details you need to know about the FidoDOLLARS program. 

Let me know if you have any question Smiley 

vesta
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi Fido Manual,

This is one of the paragraphs from the page that you referred me to

"If, on April 6, 2016, you have multiple lines on your account that earn FidoDOLLARS and at least one of them is subscribed to a plan on a term agreement, each line will stop earning as set out above, however you’ll be able to redeem your accumulated FidoDOLLARS balance under the program until July 6, 2018"

I have multiple lines on my account and one of them is on Max plan which ends Oct 6, 2016. I am planning to renew my contract at that time and upgrade to iphone 6S using my accumulated Fidodollars. According to the above paragraph, as I understand, I will no longer be accumulating Fidodollars after April 6, 2016 but will be able to redeem my already earned ones up until July 6, 2018.

Am I correct? 

FidoManuel
Former Moderator

You got it right! Since you have a line with an agreement you'll have until July 6, 2018 to use your FidoDOLLARS.