Is Fido Getting Samsung Galaxy Note?

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Is Fido Getting Samsung Galaxy Note?

Hi all,

Does anybody have any idea whether Fido is getting the Samsung Galaxy Note which is already available with Bell, Rogers and Telus. 

Regards

Accepted Solution

Re: Is Fido Getting Samsung Galaxy Note?

Hi there sumchans

We do not comment on products or services we do not currently offer. However, please note that Fido is testing new products on a ongoing basis.  

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 35
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

Only Galaxy Note can make me stay with Fido. If there is no any GN availalbe until my contract ends, I will switch to Telus.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 35
Highlighted
I'm Experienced Level 3
I'm Experienced Level 3

Seriously doubt it. Rogers won't give them the GNote (due to it being Rogers high end pushing LTE phone). Remember Rogers OWNS Fido (as well as Chatr). Also, Fido doesn't have LTE, so that's another point against it for not being brought over. Even if it did, expect low to mid-end phones (not high-end ones). Rogers still wants to hold a monopoly over them and not give it to their 'discount' brands.

Shame though, as it really is a beautiful phone and I really love it. Also Fido was great when it was a seperate entity not owned by Rogers. Unfortunately, it's slowly rotting away (which I think is what Rogers really wants).
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 35
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

Same here, contract for my other line is coming up soon and want to get G Note from Telus.
I have 2 lines with fido and 1 with Rogers. Fido needs to work hard to get these top selling products for fido customers to keep the business.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 35
Highlighted

I joined fido when it was Cool to do so, remember back then folks??

Yeah, sure its an LTE phone, but it will work on non LTE networks, also there is a non LTE version they could carry if they wanted to as well. I think Rogers strategy is to stifle Fido and eventually dissolve it completely. Its almost seems as though they want it to fail for some odd reason. Must be part of a bigger plan to end the brand.

I should be able to buy a phone from Rogers and either have it unlocked free to work on my Fido and be able to use my Fido Dollars for any Fido/Roger product. The excuse that they run them a separate entities is BS, just different cost centers, it can be done, they just choose NOT to provide the best service possible to keep their customers...

Again, so unfortunate... Its no longer cool or advantageous to use Fido as your provider  Sad

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 24 of 35
Highlighted

Really looking forward to have Samsung Galaxy note with Android 4. My contract with Fido is up for renenwal and not having this phone could very well be determintal to moving another provider

I request and hope FIDO bring Samsung Galaxy note with Android 4 on time.

I already called FIDO and made the request to bring it. I guess we all should do the same .

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 25 of 35
Highlighted
I'm Experienced Level 3
I'm Experienced Level 3

Yeah, and that's if big daddy Rogers allows them to carry it... Which I highly doubt even if all of us were kicking and screaming. And I whole heartedly agree with what dsnowden says. Fido was great in the past before Rogers came, clubbed and chained up Fido.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 26 of 35
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 27 of 35
Highlighted

@dsnowden, you have a point about Rogers but I kind of like that they are run separately because I have had terrible service with Rogers a few times in the past and I hate them as a company.I almost left Fido last month, hen I decided I'm finally done with Rogers for good, just because they own fido. I decided to stay with Fido though because they have always provided good service in the past, I hope they stay that way.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 28 of 35
Highlighted

I called them for BB10 and that is coming, lol. now i have to call for Galaxy note II as i am not sure i will like BB10 so much.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 29 of 35
Highlighted

I have no idea!!!!!! I called for bb10 few months ago and it's a surprise to me that fido is getting it whereas fido never got any up-to-date bold and torch version. May be one day fido gets G note III/IV!!!!!!!
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 30 of 35