Iphone5 goes straight to voicemail not ring

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

Iphone5 goes straight to voicemail not ring

My number not giving ring to callers, I have taken case out also did turned off phone almost 20 times, also SIMM taken out three times and put back, called fido tech support and hey said they said tower issue but after rebooting phone and selecting cell carrier should be resolve. Only one time call comes .very terrible. Any help?.. Any suggestions.. Went to apple and they tried with other brand new phone samething ,it looks like fido network issue. Need some resolution ASAP.

Accepted Solution

Re: Iphone5 goes straight to voicemail not ring

Hello gang!

Hope you guys have sorted out your issue.

Roskov is right, you need to make sure you are not on "do not disturb" mode.

As well, most of the time it is a call forwarding issue and to  properly disable that, the correct code is #21#.

If neither of these two solutions work, then alas you would need to contact us vai Facebook/Twitter/Chat to do a reset of your voicemail.

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 8
Highlighted

I've experienced the same issue during the past 2 days. My iPhone is brand new and I was starting to wonder if its reception facility is inferior to my previous flip-phone. I'm missing very important phone calls as a result.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 8
Highlighted

I've been having the exact same problem but with a Samsung Galaxy S3. Calls would sometimes go straight to voicemail even when I have a good signal. They would then call again a few minutes later and it will go through properly and my phone will ring. Very frustrating.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 8
Highlighted

my s3 also goes straight to voicemail... so has anyone found a soution to this problem? I have looked everywhere online...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

Does anyone have call forwarding set up??

Maybe try calling customer service  @ 1 888 481 3436 from an alternate number and have them look at your account, maybe something is set up incorrectly, or an issue with a network problem which can be escalated through their network people.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 8
Highlighted

I have encountered the same problem on May 26, 2014 and May 27, 2014. Despite the fixes suggested by a Fido representative (press 21#, reset phone nework settings) the problemn continues.  The phone is IPhone 5.  The same problem happend in 2013.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 8
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Try to go in Settings->Do Not Disturb-> Manual has to be off

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Fido Employee
Fido Employee
Solution

Hello gang!

Hope you guys have sorted out your issue.

Roskov is right, you need to make sure you are not on "do not disturb" mode.

As well, most of the time it is a call forwarding issue and to  properly disable that, the correct code is #21#.

If neither of these two solutions work, then alas you would need to contact us vai Facebook/Twitter/Chat to do a reset of your voicemail.

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 8