Iphone Unlock

Iphone Unlock

Iphone Unlock

SOLVED
AD7
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Iphone Unlock

my agreement with fido was completed last mont so i updated my device but do i have still pay $50 to get my old phone unlocked?

Accepted Solution

Re: Iphone Unlock

Solved by I'm Qualified Level 2
@AD7 yes, you still have to pay$50. You would have the same fees no matter the carrier; it's not just Fido.
View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
Mishka702
I'm a Participant Level 3

Unfortunately it's not just fido but I agree after paying off your device the least they could do is unlock it for free ! Let's not forget it's actually $50 plus tax to unlock the device
sv25
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi Mishka, I totally agree with you! After the end of the contract, unlocking should be free. 😃👍
zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

It would be "the right thing to do", but we are in a capitalist market. The carriers have nothing to gain by unlocking the phone for free, and by charging $50, a small amount of users with either pay or stay with the carrier, so there is something to gain by charging.

The people who will be upset enough to leave would have left anyway (why else would they be trying to unlock their phone?), so like I said, nothing to gain.

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

@AD7 yes, you still have to pay$50. You would have the same fees no matter the carrier; it's not just Fido.