Iphone 7 and Iphone 7 plus

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Iphone 7 and Iphone 7 plus

Will iphone 7 and Iphone 7 plus be available tomorrow for pre-order ?
Rogers and Bell already have announced it what about Fido??

Accepted Solution

Re: Iphone 7 and Iphone 7 plus

Hey @andyb0207!

The Apple iPhone 7 and 7 plus will be available on our Fido Reservation system starting on September 9th 2016. You can find out more information on the reservation here. Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 131
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

I was wondering how many people ordered the iPhone 7 Plus Jet Black model. Since launch day I've only moved up one postition from 18th in line to 17th in line for the 256GB model. I ordered the iPhone 7 Plus 256GB model. I am trying to get a rough idea how the reservation line works. Is the postition in line is province wide or local area?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 121 of 131
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: iPhone 7 Plus "Jet Black"

@techdj I moved your post since we had a similar thread already.

The number assigned for the reservation is based by new customers vs. existing customers' reservation across Canada. 

Example: If you're an existing customer and you reserved an iPhone 7 Plus 256GB model, then 18 will the waiting list for that specific model across Canada, within existing Fido customers only. Hope this helped! Very_Happy

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 122 of 131
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

I have been lurking here since 09/09 when I first preordered my iPhone 7 plus 32gb black. The launch for this phone has been crazy and other than at Apple stores, has come to a complete stop. I even switched my preorder to a 256gb black thinking I would be more likely to see some movement.

To all of you waiting on Fido, I sincerely advise that you just go through Apple's reservation system to pick up a phone. It's a little tricky to secure one, but eventually you will get what you're looking for. Perseverance is the key. I was on apple's site every morning prior to 8am since Monday with no luck when suddenly around 11am yesterday, the Apple Store in Markham got a relatively sizeable shipment of black phones in. By 2:30pm, I was exiting the Apple Store with my new 256gb black iPhone 7 plus done on a fido hardware upgrade. Whole process took about 20 minutes. Seems lots of people on the rogers forum also managed to get the black

128gb model as well from the same location.

I kept checking and the black iPhone 7 pluses were available for reservation at that location for a solid 15 minutes before they disappeared. If you've seen how fast they move in the morning, then you know it was a pretty big shipment they received...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 123 of 131
Highlighted

any update on iphone 7plus jet black? is it moving? are they getting some units? or they wont get any units of jet black till november? i see some people cancelling their reserved phones already MAYBE thats why my line number is going down
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 124 of 131
Highlighted

Yep . It's only from cancellations. Fido hasnt receive any jet black iphone
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 125 of 131
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

I had reserved the iPhone 7 on September 20th and I was in position 160 at the time. I am currently in position 134 but I think this is due to cancellation of those ahead of me. I don't believe fido recieves shipments of just 10 phones. My question is that I am not receiving the weekly emails updating me of my status. It seems that it may be faster to order through the apple website (I am buying it off contract). The apple website tells me that I will receive it around October 20th - 26th. I just want to know that if I keep my reservation I will receive it before the 20th. If not I will cancel the reservation.  

**Edited title**

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 126 of 131
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @manu2 & welcome to the Community!

We unfortunately don't have a timeframe as to when you'd receive your reservation. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 127 of 131
Highlighted

So on September 9 I reserved my iphone 7 plus. I was the 27th person in line..... My status is sitting at "In progress" which has been that way for 2 1/2 weeks. My boyfriend renewed his contract and went with the iphone 7 plus as well. He did this a week ago. He has aleady recieved his phone and I am still waiting for mine.....What is the point of your reservation system??

***edited title***

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 128 of 131
Highlighted

Hey @Jdekker13 and thanks for reaching out.

I'm sure you will get your device soon.

Those devices  appear to be extremely popular at the moment; customers may have a longer-than-anticipated wait time for these devices.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 129 of 131
Highlighted

i havent check the status on my reservation for a month now. i just check it & not even a single number down on my iphone 7 plus jet black. any update when fido will get a stock on the iphone?
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 130 of 131