Iphone 7 Plus No Term Pricing vs. Apple No Term Pricing

SOLVED
springz
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Why is it that Fido is charging more for the No term pricing of the iphone 7 plus vs. the Apple store pricing?

Also if I buy the Iphone 7 plus with a no term contract with Fido, will the phone come factory unlocked if  I am doing month-to-month with Fido?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Iphone 7 Plus No Term Pricing vs. Apple No Term Pricing

Solved by Former Moderator FidoTerry

Welcome to the community @springz! Smiley

The full term pricing with Apple will be the unlocked version. Our version will come locked but the full term pricing will be a bit more expensive. You have the advantage of taking it on agreement with us however. 

Our marketing was advised of the price difference and we're looking into it but for now getting the phone with us on agreement or full price with Apple will be your best options. Smiley Hope this helps! 

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
springz
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I know understand. Thank you for the explanation! 

alee10
I'm a Participant Level 1

That makes no sense. It costs $40 more for a locked phone. To unlock it will be another $50. So for the same phone you can buy at the apple store will cost you $90 more at FIDO. 

As far as I'm aware, FIDO is the only carrier that is charging $40 more for the 128GB iphone 7 plus.

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @alee10. Smiley

You can always the get the phone unlocked with Apple. We offer the advantage to get the phone on agreement as mentioned before on my original comment. Hope this helps clarify everything.

Proac
I'm Qualified Level 1

If I'm buying an Iphone without a subsidy, I'd prefer to but it directly from Apple anyways. That being said, it still doesn't explain the price discrepancy between Apple and Fido. If anything you'd think Fido would match or try to beat Apples store pricing to encourage sales. 

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @springz! Smiley

The full term pricing with Apple will be the unlocked version. Our version will come locked but the full term pricing will be a bit more expensive. You have the advantage of taking it on agreement with us however. 

Our marketing was advised of the price difference and we're looking into it but for now getting the phone with us on agreement or full price with Apple will be your best options. Smiley Hope this helps!