Iphone 6 dilemma...

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Iphone 6 dilemma...

My deal has been expired for about a year and i am currently month to month with fido. I want to get the iphone 6 as soon as it comes out and not have to pay the full price. Would it be best for me to negotiate a new deal first or wait to reserve the phone? Please advise.

Thanks,

G

Accepted Solution

Re: Iphone 6 dilemma...

@Wufai, he is month to month Tongue
@godfavre, iPhone 6 isn't official announced, so nobody knows how much it will cost so there is nothing to negociate right now.
Once it is announced, Fido will open the reservations.
As Wufai pointed out, last year iPhone 5s was only offered on MAX plans for the first month or so, after that it was available for people on standart/smart plans. Max plans you get the phone cheaper but will most likely pay more in the long run. Your call to take it fast and pay more over 2 years, or wait a little and get it on a smart plan.
View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3

Fido doesn't offer new phone upgrades when you are midway through your contract anymore.

If you don't want to pay full price, you need to terminate your current contract, (pay the subsidy balance of your current phone if you have one), then you can enter a new contract with Fido with a subsidied iphone 6.

However through past history, Fido will likely have you enter a MAX plan with an iphone6, which finically work againt you after 2 years.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1
Solution

@Wufai, he is month to month Tongue
@godfavre, iPhone 6 isn't official announced, so nobody knows how much it will cost so there is nothing to negociate right now.
Once it is announced, Fido will open the reservations.
As Wufai pointed out, last year iPhone 5s was only offered on MAX plans for the first month or so, after that it was available for people on standart/smart plans. Max plans you get the phone cheaper but will most likely pay more in the long run. Your call to take it fast and pay more over 2 years, or wait a little and get it on a smart plan.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Do you know already if this time you can also just get it with the max plan in the beginning? I ordered an iphone 6 and after that I went to Fido store to ask if I have to get a Max plan but they said I could stay with my old plan which is considered a Smart plan for 55$ + add ons. I would have just to pay a little bit more upfront than with a Max plan. Are there any solid informations about that already?
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

@Falix the Iphone 6/6+ is only sold with a max plan or full price. Standart and Smart plans aren`t compatible with the phones.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5