Iphone 5 for current Fido users

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Iphone 5 for current Fido users

I just want to make everyone aware of a ridiculous issue.

I reserved my 16 gb iphone 5 online on launch day, Sept 21, it is now Oct 18 and I am still 2794 number is line waiting. I get that the 16gb is the most popular model and wait times would be long, althought it is extremely fustrating waiting alost 4 weeks, I get it.

one day, I went into a Fido location to see if there were any 5's in stock, I asked the rep and right away she said "of course, we have a few 16gb and 1 32gb" She then proceeded to try to upsell me on the 32gb when I told her about my interest in the 16gb. Then upon telling her I had reserved a model online, but might consider cancelling so I can pick one up available in store, she immediately changed her tune and told me "because you are a current Fido client, I can't sell you one of these phones....sorry!"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

this just tells me fido users are being put on the back burner so that they can try to acquire new business, instead of making their current customer base happy. I mean, come on, I have been waiting 4 weeks and you can't upgrade my phone in store?! to a model that you have readily available to sell?!?! POOR move FIdo, this alone, has made me seriously consider cancelling my fido contract and going elsewhere. this is garbage.

I am not disputing that the wait time would be long, like I said I get it.... but to be told I can't upgrade in store to a model that IS IN STOCK...... GARBAGE.

FIDO is seriously gunna have to figure this out..... you have amazing, loyal, up to date clients that are being made to wait 1-2 months for their phones....

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 12
Highlighted

Re: Iphone 5 for current Fido users

It seems that Rogers is getting about double the amount of shipments that Fido does. I have heard from several Rogers clients, that didn't use the reservation system, that going into a location, they were able to do the upgrade right then and there. No wait time. The only wait time I have heard from Rogers, Bell, Telus, etc clients are on the actual launch day, Sept 21, which is completely understandable.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 12
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Re: Iphone 5 for current Fido users

@Bouncerella11 wrote:

It seems that Rogers is getting about double the amount of shipments that Fido does. I have heard from several Rogers clients, that didn't use the reservation system, that going into a location, they were able to do the upgrade right then and there. No wait time. The only wait time I have heard from Rogers, Bell, Telus, etc clients are on the actual launch day, Sept 21, which is completely understandable.

Rogers and Fido wait times will be similar. Rogers may geta larger share of the stock that arrives, but Fido has fewer customers in total so the waits will balance out to about the same.

As far as getting one immediately in the stores, you again have as much chance at a Rogers store as at a Fido store. Both brands have had problems with their retail staff hoarding stock and not selling to upgrade customer in favour of selling to new customers. I know of people that have walked into Fido stores and picked one up on upgrade. It is against company policy to refuse to sell the phone to you just because you are an upgrade customers. So it will depend on what store you visit and the sales people there (and managers, since they have been known to encourage it at some stores) but not on what brand. A rogers employee is as likely to say no as a Fido employee. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 12