Iphone 5 for current Fido users

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Iphone 5 for current Fido users

I just want to make everyone aware of a ridiculous issue.

I reserved my 16 gb iphone 5 online on launch day, Sept 21, it is now Oct 18 and I am still 2794 number is line waiting. I get that the 16gb is the most popular model and wait times would be long, althought it is extremely fustrating waiting alost 4 weeks, I get it.

one day, I went into a Fido location to see if there were any 5's in stock, I asked the rep and right away she said "of course, we have a few 16gb and 1 32gb" She then proceeded to try to upsell me on the 32gb when I told her about my interest in the 16gb. Then upon telling her I had reserved a model online, but might consider cancelling so I can pick one up available in store, she immediately changed her tune and told me "because you are a current Fido client, I can't sell you one of these phones....sorry!"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

this just tells me fido users are being put on the back burner so that they can try to acquire new business, instead of making their current customer base happy. I mean, come on, I have been waiting 4 weeks and you can't upgrade my phone in store?! to a model that you have readily available to sell?!?! POOR move FIdo, this alone, has made me seriously consider cancelling my fido contract and going elsewhere. this is garbage.

I am not disputing that the wait time would be long, like I said I get it.... but to be told I can't upgrade in store to a model that IS IN STOCK...... GARBAGE.

FIDO is seriously gunna have to figure this out..... you have amazing, loyal, up to date clients that are being made to wait 1-2 months for their phones....

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 12
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Re: Iphone 5 for current Fido users

Stores get commission for new sales that they don't get for existing customers upgrading. They have no incentive to sell it to you. Happens every single year when the iPhone launches. Every single year. Fido is aware that it happens (has been mentioned here repeatedly) but nothing seems to be being done to curtail these actions.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 12
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Thanks for posting this, it's good to know ..I've been with Fido over 10 years. I also reserved on Launch day 16gb Black and now 2623 in line. It looks like it'll be a couple more weeks. Absolutely Ridiculous! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 12
Highlighted

Yes, very ridiculous, I am probably going to be cancelling my reservation, waiting the rest of my contract out until next Spring and then leaving Fido. I have had it with their poor customer service and the way they treat good clients. I have faithfully paid my bill on time every month and I am not being rewarded, but new poeple are. Where's the incentive to stay when we have to wait 1-2 months for an upgrade? Bell and Telus are offering their current client base the phone without waiting.....

I hope someone sees this and they ACTUALLY do something this time around. *wishful thinking* Definately going to be taking this issue to facebook, twitter, etc to maybe open some eyes. I am pretty upset with the way I was bruched off and treated in that store.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 12
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

I'm sure they see it. But are they gonna do anything about it? Probably not. It's part of their strategy to make profit. Once, they have excess stock then they will release those in-store stock to ppl who use the reservation system.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 12
Highlighted

Yeah I get that they want more money in their pockets, but still not happy. Currently looking into other providers.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 12
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

Are you guys serious? I have been waiting for around 2 weeks and 5 days, and I went from 4000 to 3370... Don't tell me I will get my iPhone 5 when the iPhone 5s is out...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 12
Highlighted

So is Fido's approach to this completely different from the other carriers? I've been waiting forever for my phone just shy of a month now, and I'm still 2816 in line. Are there still preorders waiting to be filled for Telus, Bell and Rogers?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 12
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

@topched wrote:

So is Fido's approach to this completely different from the other carriers? I've been waiting forever for my phone just shy of a month now, and I'm still 2816 in line. Are there still preorders waiting to be filled for Telus, Bell and Rogers?

There is definitely still a backlog with Rogers, which makes sense since their allotments come from the same orders. Bell and Telus had a backlog, I am not sure if they cleared their yet. I know at one point Telus was offering a free upgrade to the next model up if you waited 2 weeks or more. One thing to remember is that most iPhone orders/sales are to existing owners and Rogers/Fido has a 2 year head start on selling iPhones so they naturally have many more people ordering them and they may not be able to get any more any faster from Apple than Bell or Telus.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 12
Highlighted

My contract is up for renewal and I'm thinking about moving to Rogers.. Same company as Fido and maybe I'll get my phone faster as I'll be a "New Customer"

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 12