Iphone 5 Shipment delays??

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Iphone 5 Shipment delays??

Hi, does anyone have any ideas on how long it'll take from the time you recieve your shipment notice to when you actually get it? I reserved my phone on the 15th of September, and was really happy when i recieved a text saying the phone has been shipped on October 3rd. On the 4th I tracked the location of my order on UPS and it says it was dropped off at the front counter. Went into the store on the same day only to be told my phone won't "actually arrive" until i get a phone call from Fido. Today is the 10th. Still no phone call, no text, and no email. i've tried calling the fido store (willowbrookmall on the langley bypass) several times, and no matter what hour i call at, NO ONE would answer the phone. 

I'm not really keen on going to the store only to be told i have to wait for the call. If anyone has any idea about what's really going on, or if the moderators feel like shedding some light on the matter, would be greatly appreciated.

Seven days going on Eight since the phone has supposedly been shipped. 

PS: sometimes when i'm in class, my phone won't get any reception. is it possible that i missed the call that way? shouldn't fido try other ways of reaching their customers? eg. text, email?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 9
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Re: Iphone 5 Shipment delays??

I'm sure they would have called you by know if they had finished processing it. If the iPhone is really at the Fido Store, then they are probably processing it to bring it into the system. This is what most people don't realize. The iPhones they receive are technically not even in Fido's system. Fido has to put them in so they can be activated properly in Fido's network. Considering the store could be busy with other customers, it's possible they have not touched yours yet. If no one calls after 2 weeks, you certainly have to go to the store and explain what is taking so long.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
iPhone 5 - White 16 GB
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 9
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

Sounds pretty rediculous. I don't think there's any reason to have that kind of delay once the phone hits the store. 

And they don't actually have to activate the "phone" on the network. You could order a phone direct from apple and use in on the fido network no problem. The have to activate the SIM card. But even you could do that from home. What they "have to" do is lock your phone to the fido network. There's no way you should be waiting around for 2 weeks for them to lock your phone. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 9
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Did you get your phone yet? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 9
Highlighted

noooo sir :C been a month since i first reserved the phone...i've gone to the store twice now and the store employees told me to call 611 on my fido phone to talk to a representitive. Then the rep told me that there is like a ''call back'' on all iphone 5s, apparently demand is way higher than supply. anyways, still waiting, about to just settle for a 4S though. I think just based on how long i've waited, we can conclude that fido completely messed up this one Tongue

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 9
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

I wish a fido rep would step up and be honest about this issue.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 9
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I don't understand how there is a "call back" on iphone 5s. Your phone was shipped to a store, a physical item was shipped. They can't just call it back.. Sounds fishy..

Plus in the notification email that you got.. what did it say regarding the "the store will hold it for you until this and this date" ?

For me its only 10 days. It says the store will hold it for me until the 4th of Nov. if I won't get my phone by then, then I will lose all the credits I earned waiting for it..

For you on the other hand.. I am not sure if you earned any credits or not.. but doesn't matter you still have a date.. If you are well passed that, well call Fido and tell him to explain it to you exactly.. because if the fido store you sent it to is dishonest, then your phone is probably with another customer now.. I really hope fido employees at those stores don't just take reserved phones and give it to other people.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2
I'm a Contributor Level 2

My bet is they sold your reserved phone to a new client and they don't wanna admit it

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 9
Highlighted

This iPhone reservation system is a joke...... I've been waiting over a month now and I'm still 1032 in line..... Ive been frozen at that spot for over a week......  COME ON FIDO WHERE ARE OUR IPHONES????

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 9