Introducing : OS Upgrade Schedule!

Community Manager (Retired)

Hey Fido Community!

The OS Upgrade schedule can now be found in the community here.  

We’ll make sure to update this schedule as soon as new information is available.  

I’d love to hear from you, so please share your feedback related to the community in our “Community feedback” thread.  

Thanks  Smiley

-FidoCaroline

19 REPLIES 19
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Yay, the Windows Phone update is out on Fido!
Note: you should specify "8.1 Denim" on the update page - we've had 8.1 for quote a while now.

@BuckChorris wrote:
Yay, the Windows Phone update is out on Fido!
Note: you should specify "8.1 Denim" on the update page - we've had 8.1 for quote a while now.

Thanks for pointing it out; it has been updated!  Smiley

I'm a Participant Level 1

Hey the S5 update says on hold, is there a reason other carriers have been able to roll out Lolipop already and Fido has it onhold ?

Hey samF!

The new update for the S5 has been released by Samsung. Smiley Users should be starting to recieve the update prompt OTA or can perform the update using Kies.

Hey samF!

Welcome to the Community! 

The update for Lollipop was previously available for the S5 however it was pulled by Samsung on March 10th due to issues caused by the update.

Key an eye on our OS upgrade schedule, as soon as the new version is available for the S5 it will be updated. Smiley

Hope this helps!

I'm a Participant Level 2

Why isn't the update available for the z30?

to further clarify, I am talking about the Blackberry 10.3.1 OS updated you have available for the z10.

Hi there dadoherty, 

Our OS Upgrade Schedule includes phone models that we carry/carried. We do not comment on models that we do not offer. However, I will do my best to obtain more information on this. This may require some time, but it's worth it because I think many users on this forum are curious as well Smiley

I'll post my findings in this thread Smiley 

Hey Fido,

Is the Lumia Denim update for the Lumia 830 coming soon? 

That update is a big deal for that phone: it finally enables Lumia Camera 5 (with Rich Capture, etc) and fixes lots of bugs.

It should be noted that the Lumia 830 was prominently marketed as having Denim out of the box, and was demoed with Lumia Camera 5, but in order to actually enable LC5, retail 830's require the update to Denim. Confusing, yes. Frustrating, even more so.

The Lumia Denim update is currently rolling out around the world - India got it yesterday, Verizon and AT&T a week or so ago, Europe got it some time ago.

Don't know why, Canada is always the last in line for Windows Phone updates - can you change this trend?

Please : give us an expected date for the Denim update!

Hi BuckChorris, 

As soon as the update is available or that we at least have an idea of the release date, we will announce it here.

We have to wait fr the manufacturer to provide us with the software to verify it, once it is aproved we give them the go and they then roll it out. They normally d just a few markets at a time though. 

@BuckChorris wrote:

Hey Fido,

Is the Lumia Denim update for the Lumia 830 coming soon? 

That update is a big deal for that phone: it finally enables Lumia Camera 5 (with Rich Capture, etc) and fixes lots of bugs.

It should be noted that the Lumia 830 was prominently marketed as having Denim out of the box, and was demoed with Lumia Camera 5, but in order to actually enable LC5, retail 830's require the update to Denim. Confusing, yes. Frustrating, even more so.

The Lumia Denim update is currently rolling out around the world - India got it yesterday, Verizon and AT&T a week or so ago, Europe got it some time ago.

Don't know why, Canada is always the last in line for Windows Phone updates - can you change this trend?

Please : give us an expected date for the Denim update!

I'm a Participant Level 3

Fyi apparently February 19 is the official roll-out date for the 10.3.1 update for the other Blackberry devices.

Hi Vinny67, 

We only announce the release date when we have been able to test the OS and the release date is certain. As soon as we have a confirmation of the date it  will be added to the list. 

Thank you for your patience. 

- Mathieu

Just curious but I see Z10 with os 10.2 on the schedule. I hear about 10.3 everywhere else. My z10 is running on the 10.2. Does that mean no 10.3 for the z10? Thanks

Looks innacurate for me. Since the sony xperia sp's last update which is a disaster, i never receive the latest update up to now.

Any chance we can get update schedules for the previous and current Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 phones that you had (625, 635, 830, etc.), please?

I second this request : please add your Windows Phone update schedule to the list.
Many of us are waiting on the famed Denim update.
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback!  We're listening to your suggestions and looking to improve our OS Upgrade Schedule.

Keep checking the schedule for future updates.

-FidoCaroline Smiley

I'm a Participant Level 1

When will the Samsung Galaxy S5 receieve Lollipop?? Other providers have released it. Why hasnt fido even aknowledged it's existenence? 

ya... they charged us enough for it  time for lolipop