International txting

International txting

International txting

SOLVED
Irishpaul50
I'm a Participant Level 2

International txting

I am unable to send or receive txts from people on the 3 Network in the Republic of Ireland . I have international txts . People on other networks can recieved and send me txts in the Republic of Ireland

Accepted Solution

Re: International txting

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello again,

The reason I suspect the issue is on the recipient's network is because as far as routing the message in Canada is concerned, +353 or 011353 should route the message outbound to Ireland. All other routing would take place in Ireland. Since you are able to send/receive messages to/from the other Irish networks, there's no reason to suspect that the routing of the message outbound to Ireland is the issue. That portion should be the same for all of the Irish networks.

Something that came to mind... Had your recipient recently ported their number to the 3 Network? If the porting was incomplete or improperly completed, is it possible the messages are being sent to their previous network and not being routed to the 3 Network? Is your intended recipient having issues with any other contacts?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
7 REPLIES 7
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@Irishpaul50 wrote:
I am unable to send or receive txts from people on the 3 Network in the Republic of Ireland . I have international txts . People on other networks can recieved and send me txts in the Republic of Ireland

Hello Irishpaul50,

Welcome to the community!

Since you are able to send/receive texts to the other networks in Ireland, I assume you're using the correct format. That is, +353 + area code (without preceeding 0) + phone number or 011353 + area code (without preceeding 0) + phone number.

Also since you're able to send receive texts internationally, the issuse has likely to do with the receiving network. Are your intended recipients on the 3 network unable to send/receive SMS from anyone else outside of Ireland? Your best option is to have your them enquire on their end why they are not able to send/receive to/from Canada.

Additionally, it may or may not be relevant to your situation, but there have been recent issues with the 3 network (see here). Are your intended recipients having other issues with their phones?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hey @Irishpaul50

Did Cawtau's suggestions help? Keep us posted!

Irishpaul50

No still can't TXT to the 3 Network in the Republic of Ireland

Hey @Irishpaul50

Do you know if the people you are texting had a chance to reach out to their carriers about this? 

Irishpaul50

Yes , their carrier said there is no reason why they can't recieve international txts

Hello again,

The reason I suspect the issue is on the recipient's network is because as far as routing the message in Canada is concerned, +353 or 011353 should route the message outbound to Ireland. All other routing would take place in Ireland. Since you are able to send/receive messages to/from the other Irish networks, there's no reason to suspect that the routing of the message outbound to Ireland is the issue. That portion should be the same for all of the Irish networks.

Something that came to mind... Had your recipient recently ported their number to the 3 Network? If the porting was incomplete or improperly completed, is it possible the messages are being sent to their previous network and not being routed to the 3 Network? Is your intended recipient having issues with any other contacts?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hi @Irishpaul50!

We don't have any known issues with international texting. 

Has it always been this way or did it start happening out of nowhere?