International texting/emails

SOLVED
Myhatblewoff
I'm a Participant Level 2

I will be traveling to Central America next month. I am looking to add a Travel Ad-on to my phone. All I really want is to text. Unfortunately I don't see a text only plan.

So, let's say I go with the $70 plan for 31 days, do I get charged for emails that are sent to my phone as well - only assuming I don't open them? Or is there a setting I should turn on/off? Kinda lame on the tech side of this, so a plain language answer on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated! Smiley 

Accepted Solution

Re: International texting

Solved by MVP MVP

Emails will require data, so you can turn off your data and just use WiFi when available to access your emails.

Travel packs typically consists of minutes, text and/or data you can see what fido has to offer here.

You also have to take into consideration your phone needs to have the frequencies that is used where you are going in order for you to get a mobile reception.

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Emails will require data, so you can turn off your data and just use WiFi when available to access your emails.

Travel packs typically consists of minutes, text and/or data you can see what fido has to offer here.

You also have to take into consideration your phone needs to have the frequencies that is used where you are going in order for you to get a mobile reception.

Myhatblewoff
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thanks KK!

No problem bud enjoy your trip.