I'm a Participant Level 1

International texting (SMS) not working for me

International texting (SMS) not working for my galaxy s6 edge device. Need help

Accepted Solution

Re: International texting (SMS) not working for me

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello Lolo9,

Welcome to the community!

Have you verified you're using the correct format? When texting international numbers, we must first include the International dialling prefix (IDP), followed by the Country calling code, followed by the phone number.

The IDP is varies by country (see here). In Canada, the IDP is 011.  Since the IDPs vary by country, the International dialling prefix can be replaced by the plus symbol, +.

So the proper international texting format is + followed by Country Calling Code followed by Area Code followed by phone number.

To which country are you trying to send a SMS? Some countries (ie Ireland) have zeros preceding their area codes which are not included when using the international dialling/texting format.

Are you able to receive SMS from your international contacts? If your SMS sends, but does not get received by the other party, it's also possible the issue is on their network (see here).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Lolo9,

Welcome to the community!

Have you verified you're using the correct format? When texting international numbers, we must first include the International dialling prefix (IDP), followed by the Country calling code, followed by the phone number.

The IDP is varies by country (see here). In Canada, the IDP is 011.  Since the IDPs vary by country, the International dialling prefix can be replaced by the plus symbol, +.

So the proper international texting format is + followed by Country Calling Code followed by Area Code followed by phone number.

To which country are you trying to send a SMS? Some countries (ie Ireland) have zeros preceding their area codes which are not included when using the international dialling/texting format.

Are you able to receive SMS from your international contacts? If your SMS sends, but does not get received by the other party, it's also possible the issue is on their network (see here).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hey @Lolo9

Did that help? Are you still unable to send international sms?

Keep us posted!