International text message.

SOLVED
thedrums
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hello,

When I send messages to Korea in English, the messages deliver to recipients in Korea without problems. However, any messages in Korean to the same recipients in Korea are dropped. Does the international text messages support foreign language input?  My phone does support foreign language inputs and have had  no problem sending messages in Korean to Canadian recipients.

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: International text message.

Solved by I'm Qualified Level 1

In an ideal world all sms servers and networks should be able to communicate flawlessly...however...that is not the case

To be honest...i think it is a matter of how Fido/Rogers sms infrastrucutre is setup and how it communicates worth other international carriers' sms networks ...

You could speak to a fido live chat agent or call and speak with tech support....however...i would not be surpirsed if they only tell you that only english characters are supported for international sms...

My apologies if the answer may not be a happy one....

Cheers Smiley

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
C0STA
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am willing to bet Fido agents are not well trained when setting up accounts.  My uncle from Greece will send me and my sister the occasional text message in Greek to wish us "Merry Christmas", "Happy New Year", "Happy Easter" and the like.  I have no trouble receiving his text messages.  My sister has to guess what he's trying to tell her as a number of characters is missing.  We are both on Pulse Plans, the only difference is that I am using the iPhone 5s whereas my sister is using an iPhone 6s.  My uncle is using the greek cellular company called Cosmote.

FidoPamela
Former Moderator

That's definitely odd. Do both phones have the Greek alphabet enabled?

Let me know! 

silentbuddha
I'm Qualified Level 1

let me see if i understood you corectly...

your fido to korean carrier cell / language : english sms / result : recipient get message

your fido to canadian carrier cell / language : english sms / result : recipient get message

your fido to canadian carrier cell / language : korean sms / result : recipient get message

your fido to korean carrier cell / language : korean sms / result : message does ot get to recipient ???

Thanks

thedrums

Hi, silientbuddha,
Yes, you undestand it correctly.
Regards,
silentbuddha
I'm Qualified Level 1

In an ideal world all sms servers and networks should be able to communicate flawlessly...however...that is not the case

To be honest...i think it is a matter of how Fido/Rogers sms infrastrucutre is setup and how it communicates worth other international carriers' sms networks ...

You could speak to a fido live chat agent or call and speak with tech support....however...i would not be surpirsed if they only tell you that only english characters are supported for international sms...

My apologies if the answer may not be a happy one....

Cheers Smiley

thedrums

Thanks, silientbuddha.

I think it's because of  Fido/Rogers sms infrastrucutre too.

I really appreciate your help.

Regards,