International calls

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 jose10000
I'm a Participant Level 2

International calls

Hello,

FIDO blocked my international calls. Still I am receiving international calls (marketing).

Any help.

Accepted Solution

Re: International calls

Hello Jose10000,

Welcome to the community!

Generally, if Fido blocked International calls it would be outgoing International calls. I don't think there is a way to selectively block incoming International calls. I believe Fido would have to block all incoming calls.

Are you sure the international calls you're receiving are from marketing? Could they be SPAM calls? If the calls are from spammers or scammers, they tend to use spoofed numbers. That is, the number shown on the caller ID does not belong to the spammers themselves. The usually belong to innocent victims, unaware there numbers are being spoofed. Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done to prevent these types of calls.

You should be able to block those calls from your phone directly. However, those calls will likely get forwarded to your voicemail.

Hope this helps :Smiley:

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
MVP
MVP
Solution

Re: International calls

Hello Jose10000,

Welcome to the community!

Generally, if Fido blocked International calls it would be outgoing International calls. I don't think there is a way to selectively block incoming International calls. I believe Fido would have to block all incoming calls.

Are you sure the international calls you're receiving are from marketing? Could they be SPAM calls? If the calls are from spammers or scammers, they tend to use spoofed numbers. That is, the number shown on the caller ID does not belong to the spammers themselves. The usually belong to innocent victims, unaware there numbers are being spoofed. Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done to prevent these types of calls.

You should be able to block those calls from your phone directly. However, those calls will likely get forwarded to your voicemail.

Hope this helps :Smiley:

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2