International Text not sending

brittanydagmang
I'm a Participant Level 2

My international text messages that i am sending are not being recieved by the other end. It hasn't been working since last night. I reset my network settings, restarted my phone, took out my sim for a few minutes but still not working. 

5 REPLIES 5
Salome
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi there, I have the same problem. It's been happening since last year. I send an international msg to a group of friends & family...(20+) but they haven't been receiving my texts! I tried to send a test text on my roaming phone after I send them a text & didn't receive the text on my roaming phone at all.
I tried sending to 10 then to 5 ppl per group but still the same situation.
I thought this problem will be fixed as soon as I got a new phone...but it's still the same. Before I had the iphone 4 bow i have the 6+ which I only got a few days ago.

Please help! Thanks!
Roskov
I'm Qualified Level 1

@Salome wrote:
Hi there, I have the same problem. It's been happening since last year. I send an international msg to a group of friends & family...(20+) but they haven't been receiving my texts! I tried to send a test text on my roaming phone after I send them a text & didn't receive the text on my roaming phone at all.
I tried sending to 10 then to 5 ppl per group but still the same situation.
I thought this problem will be fixed as soon as I got a new phone...but it's still the same. Before I had the iphone 4 bow i have the 6+ which I only got a few days ago.

Please help! Thanks!

Group texts are considered MMS. So do you have data enabled on your phone?

I didn't understand the part about roaming phone. If you are outside canada and try to send a group text without data roaming then its perfectly normal for it not to work. If you enable it you will be charged for data roaming tho.

If your issue also occurs when sending regular sms, then I would recomend to reset network settings by going to settings->general->reset->reset network settings

brittanydagmang

Did a factory reset and yes it is working again. THANK YOU!!!

Roskov
I'm Qualified Level 1

Can you give us some more info. You're using an iPhone I see, but what phone is the other person using?

If he uses an android phone, did he previously own an iphone? Can you receive the texts sent by him?

The person you're trying to send the SMS to, is it the only person internationaly that you tried texting? This way we can know if the problem is realy international texting in general or just an sms problem between 2 phones.

If both of you use iPhone, is iMessage on for both of you? Try sending the SMS when both have imessage on, and sent when both have it off.

brittanydagmang

I've been sending international texts to all different numbers and different phones, have been even sending "test" text messages to my cousins abroad and they all have informed me they have not been receiving anything although my iphone 5 says the text went through and i am not getting the "not delivered" message. Yes I can recieve texts from them. 
I have tried restarting my phone, taking out my sim card for a few minutes, restarting my network settings, etc but still not working. My plan says i have unlimited international texting, do i need a new sim?