Interact Online error, yet still charged

SOLVED
lijnk
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hello,

I tried the Interact Online method of paying my service, however after everything was sent, it showed an error occurred, but the bank shows that the payment was processed. I'm wondering if there's an odd delay or if something got broken half way through.

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: Interact Online error, yet still charged

Solved by I'm a Participant Level 2 lijnk

Looks like it was refunded some time in the last hour. Guess it takes a little while to come back.

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
cemp
I'm a Participant Level 1

I just had the same issue. Paying using interact, FIDO says that there was an error yet it took money from my account. I found this post and tried again hoping it would work and my money would be refunded in a few hours, but it failed again. Not using inteact ever gain on FIDO's site and I will discourage anyone from using it.

Pyament Failed Interact 2017-03-01.PNG

RBC Online Transactions

Bank transactions.PNG

Hi @cemp,

Let me send you a PM to look into this.

Thanks. 

lijnk

Looks like it was refunded some time in the last hour. Guess it takes a little while to come back.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi lijnk!

I'm glad that this was resolved. 

Just out of curiosity, what was the error message you received, and what internet browser were you using? I'm sure this will help others should they run into the same issue. Smiley

Cheers!

lijnk

The error message was something along the lines of the payment failed to process and to try another payment method. The browser I'm using is Google Chrome. I tried the Interact Online method again and it processed successfully, so it was likely a one-off rare occurrence.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Alright. Smiley

Thank you again for sharing! Let me know if you need help with anything else.

Cheers!