Interac not working

Interac not working

Interac not working

SOLVED
bobrtge
I'm a Participant Level 1

Interac not working

I had been paying my phone bill with interac scotia bank and had no problem until the website changed and now I dont see an interac option. When I put my details in the website quickly says something went wrong and I get nowhere. Does anyone know how to fix this ? 

Accepted Solution

Re: Interac not working

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi bobrtge & welcome to the Community. Smiley

We're currently working on the website, and have removed the INTERAC Online payment method for the time being.

You can check out our other payment methods here.

Cheers!

View solution in context
13 REPLIES 13
AdamBeast
Fido Employee

If there is "Visa" on your debit card ( a visa debit), you can then use your debit card as a credit card to make payment. As I know, TD and CIBC are using debit visa now, no sure with Scotia Bank but you can check your card. 

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi bobrtge & welcome to the Community. Smiley

We're currently working on the website, and have removed the INTERAC Online payment method for the time being.

You can check out our other payment methods here.

Cheers!

Brollydo
I'm a Participant Level 3

This has been removed for several months now - do you plan to NOT have this option in the future, as I prefer this option for payment, so that will help decide my next purchase.

Hey Brollydo!

Welcome to the community!

We do plan on having interac paymentas  as an option :). For now, though, it isn't functional.

In the meantime, you can use one of the other payment methods listed in the link provided by maria Smiley

Brollydo

My Credit Card is maxed out over Christmas, and I don't want either prepayment solutions, so what's my choice?

I saw on another message string where you can still pay via Online Banking, but I can't find just 'Fido' on my Bank's payee list - so can you provide what is your proper company payment name!

I'm happy to set that up and use that payment.

Please advise

Good morning Brollydo!

Look for ''Fido Solution Inc'' that's the payee you can use to make your payment. 

They'll ask for a reference number, that will be your account number Smiley

Remember that it can take up to 7 business days for a payment done by online banking to reach us. 

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with Smiley 

Brollydo

Thanks, I see the Fido Solutions Inc as a payee, so I can set that up immediately and see how that works.....hopefully that will solve my problem moving forward

regards

Definitely!

Keep me updated!

DH1

When do you guys estimate you'll have Interac updated on the web site? I called two months ago and they said it would be available soon, and they said the same thing to me last week when I called.

It's the only method of payment that works for me (I've done it every month since I've been with Fido) and I want to be able to pay my bill.

Brollydo

DH1 - I had the same challenge only using the Fido provided Interac payment method until it stopped, but during my forum questions/answers I found that I could pay using my financial institution's Online Banking - Fido Solutions Inc, - is one of the payee's on my Online platform, so have started using that payment method!

Don't know if that helps, or if you have Online Banking capability, but that maybe another option for you.

Hey DH1!

We don't have an update yet as of when the Interac service will be back. Stay tuned!

In the meantime, as Brollydo mentioned, since you used Interac, you most likely have also an online access to your bank account. 

You can make a bill payment through your bank account. Let me know if you need help with that Smiley  

You can also check out our other payment methods here.

Hope this helps, and thanks for your patience Smiley 

Hunedog

I don't want other payments, Are you saying you are no longer supporting this method of payment? Because you have other links describing how to pay with interac online.

Hey @Hunedog 

What FidoMaria is saying is that the feature isn't available right now but we're working on it Smiley

Until it's resolved, you can use one of the other methods of payment!