Interac e-transfer scam????

SOLVED
Jon65
I'm a Participant Level 3

I received an unusal text last night around 830pm. It supposedly came from Fido Solutions but I am rather wary of this. The phone number, 6473812035 comes from the Toronto area of which both Fido and its parent company Rogers have offices there, and in outlying areas. What worries me is the body of the text......

"Fido has sent you an e-transfer. Click here to deposit your accredited funds for your next bill payment: bit.do/interacF30458"

Now I know that I have some credits coming to me due to the recent addition of a purchase to my existing account but that is not supposed to take place for 3 months. And I do know that 2 Fido reps totally screwed up with wrong answers, lack of proper answers when I hopefully concluded my iPad addition to my account on the 3rd attempt June 3/17. So I have no idea if this so called interac credit is actually Fido's way of apologizing.

But with the hijack hit of computers around the World a few weeks back with BitCoin being used, I am not opening up this link until someone in Fido can say its safe or not.

***Edited to add Labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Interac e-transfer scam????

Solved by MVP MVP

Hello @Jon65 welcome to the community!

What you received is spam Fido would not send you something​ like that.

You can forward it to Fido to help them prevent these kinds of spam.  Forward it to 7726 (SPAM).

For more info see here.

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @Jon65 welcome to the community!

What you received is spam Fido would not send you something​ like that.

You can forward it to Fido to help them prevent these kinds of spam.  Forward it to 7726 (SPAM).

For more info see here.

Jon65
I'm a Participant Level 3

Consider it done......and many txs