If your new line activation fee was not waived, check this method here

I'm a Participant Level 2 2558
I'm a Participant Level 2

If your new line activation fee was not waived, check this method here

If you activate your new first line online, i.e. via fido.ca, the activation fee will be waived. This is the proof of that:

"

WAIVE THE $30 TRANSACTION FEE±

Activate or upgrade your first line online and waive the $30 transaction fee.

"

https://www.fido.ca/nac/#/choose-plan

But I just encountered a very unpleasent experience with Fido service today. On the past Wednesday I activated my new number online, whereas the bill still enlisted 30$ for activation, so I think it's just a minor mistake and a phone call can solve it with ease.

However, when I called in Fido service, representatives asserted that I activated my number in Fido store so activation fee was counted in and cannot be waived, and also declared that it was shown in Fido system.
Holy **bleep**! What's wrong with Fido system?

I argued with representative for almost 35 minutes and I repeated how I activated it online step by step, but that girl apparently was not familar with what can be done online.

Finally, I found a strong evidence that proved what I said was true. That is: the TIMESTAMP of activation time which was recorded in their system.

The timestamp was 23:14 (i.e., 11:14PM). I live in Montreal, and all commercial stores close at 9PM every workday, so there was definitly no any store can activate my number at 11PM.

The representatives also showed lots of wrong understanding of services during the battle of argument. Too long to write down.

Finally I can prove I am not a lier. It's a good method to do something at midnight if you would need to prove you do it online yourself. Very_Happy

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3

Re: If your new line activation fee was not waived, check this method here

Hey there @2558,

Welcome to the community Smiley

That is correct, new lines activated on Fido.ca for brand new account s will have the $30 transaction fee waived. For existing accounts, the transaction fee will apply when adding a second line. That being said, all hardware upgrades will not trigger that charge when done on Fido.ca

I must say, we appreciate all the details provided as this will make it easier to retrace your steps on our end. I'm sending you a PM immediately so we can get to the bottom of this together.

Talk to you soon!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
I'm a Participant Level 2 2558
I'm a Participant Level 2

Re: If your new line activation fee was not waived, check this method here

Issue was solved and I got activation fee waived because I have strong evidence to prove I did activate my sim card online.

lol

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3